Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cellphone charging while using OTG connection

Stef

Join
Oct 20, 2017
Hello there, I just got an OTG cable to connect the Spark RC to my cellphone and it works, I can fly the Spark with WIFI switched off on cellphone. Only issue I noticed is that the battery indicator on the phone shows that it is charging (little lightning bolt on battery), although hard to believe because as I am flying the Spark the battery is discharging (% indicator) and the RC battery is also discharging as normal (% indicator in the DJI GO 4 app) as I fly. I tried a different OTG cable and the same happens, connection is fine, Spark flies. The phone I am using is a Blackberry DTEK60 with Android. Any ideas anyone?

Ok, thanks, that sounds logical. Wasn't too worried as everything was functioning as normal. Just trying to figure what is going on.

When I plug in the OTG to my Pixel phone a drop down box asks me if I want the OTG connection to act as a charger or to import files or photos...I select the file option and it doesn't charge...its just a connection for data

Yeah, thank you. I normally also get that pop up option with a USB cable, but strangely not with an OTG cable

When I plug in the OTG to my Pixel phone a drop down box asks me if I want the OTG connection to act as a charger or to import files or photos...I select the file option and it doesn't charge...its just a connection for data
When I used a cable my only option was to charge the controller from my phone. Phone was about half way changed and died in about 15 minute "charging" the controller

This is not what happens, the phone can't charge the controller with the correct cable.

Sounds like you have one of those iPhones with the well known battery defect though if it died that quickly.

I had that issue with my android phone till i got everything going properly in usb debugging. If its charging, something isn't right. When everything is set properly, you'll hear the android connection *ding*, then dji go should auto-launch. At some point it should have asked you what you want to do when the cable is connected.

Might try disabling usb debugging, re-start the phone, re-enable debugging, power up remote controller, THEN connect the cable. You should get an options dialog at that time (if memory serves, its been a while). Hope this helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe