Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

change RC password

JohnnyDeth

Join
Aug 10, 2018
How do I change the password on the dji RC?
I've changed the name and password for my SPark but would like to change the password for the RC (I even got a pop-up in dji GO recommending I change).

Although I've not tried it myself yet, I understand that you simply click on the Connected / Disconnected icon in lower left of main DJI Go screen and that this will take you where you can change the SSID and Password.

Even though I'm not the OP, I'll try to answer Imel2005's question. Since all Spark RC's have the same default SSID and Password (12341234), it's conceivable that someone could link to your RC with their own mobile device, take control of your Spark and fly it off to abscond with before you could figure out what was happening. Not a likely scenario, but I believe possible -- particularly if you were at some kind of drone event or race where there were a lot of knowledgeable people around.

I understand that risk, but since you are connected to your RC, none can connect to it as well.
Only one at a time can connect to RC, so the risk of someone takes control of your spark is limited.

On the other hand, I have read many posts about issues, when changing ID and/or password.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast