Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Changing spark batteries

scoble08

Join
May 1, 2019
Loc
Greensboro, NC
Hey Everyone.
New Sunset Yellow owner here.

When when out flying my Spark, can i just change to a new battery and leave my RC/iPhone (connected with OTG) turned on?
Do I need to re-link everything to be safe?
Can I just wait for the light on the RC to turn Green again after installing the new battery?

Thx

Reactions: Andre Levite
You should stop any recording and turn OFF Spark before changing batteries. Phone and RC can remain ON. Everything will reconnect give when Spark boots up with fresh battery.

I've done it that way every time with no problems. Not a safety issue -- it's designed to work that way.

Welcome to The Forum!

I don't use otg but on wifi it links again automatically, I would think the same would happen with otg.

Reactions: Ronman29
it would be nice though if there were a way to "hot swap" batteries.

I don't know that it would save much time. The GPS lock will be almost instantaneous after a battery change anyway, so you're really only losing 15-30 seconds by turning the Spark off, swapping batteries, and turning it on again.

A battery hot-swap would require some sort of built-in 'bridge' battery to keep the processor/RAM operational while the main battery is switched out, and that would add weight. I also think there's value in having the drone go through it's boot-up self-check with a fresh battery before the next takeoff.

Reactions: SaigonDude

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef