Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Check your props (Regularly)

shaynemcmurdo

Join
Jul 27, 2017
My heart skipped a beat when I thought "Oh, I might check my props are attached securely..." (As I've never done it since buying)

Then I discovered the attached pic!

Attachments

• 20170818_203816.jpg
    20170818_203816.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: Dronason
Yep, common problem. If you crash and your props take some impact, check them. One of the feet will break. Make a prop check part of your pre-flight.

Yeah true.
Only "crash" I've had is where I've had to grab it in mid air so props hit my fingers.
I've been flying with this broken prop for God knows how long.
Could've lost her!

Good catch. This is why I have and use a checklist before each flight and early in each flight. After everything checks out on the ground and I power up, I ensure everything on the app is as I expect. Once in the air, I'll do a set of maneuvers to ensure the bird is responding as it should. And when that checks out, I'll fly....

Reactions: BlancoRob
Just read your post and checked mine - same on one of the props :eek:
No issue with flying though, at least 10+ flights since my last minor crash...

Yeah true.
Only "crash" I've had is where I've had to grab it in mid air so props hit my fingers.
I've been flying with this broken prop for God knows how long.
Could've lost her!
Wait... the props hit your fingers!? Any injuries? (would be good to know either way. I've been avoiding this at all costs!)

also check that the hinges on the prop blades are not binding, I replaced the genuine blades with some new third party blades which were very tight at the blade hinge and the AC was unstable.
As soon as I replaced the tight blades with genuine blades it was back to normal

Reactions: shaynemcmurdo
No offense but this is the way I figure it. What's the price difference between OEM blades vs third party? A few bucks? Am I willing to potential lose/crash my $500 Spark over a couple of bucks? And use that DJI care thing (I don't have it so I don't know the correct name) only for them to deny it cause I used after-market props..

also check that the hinges on the prop blades are not binding, I replaced the genuine blades with some new third party blades which were very tight at the blade hinge and the AC was unstable.
As soon as I replaced the tight blades with genuine blades it was back to normal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast