Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cleaning your camera lens

Festijn

Join
Jun 28, 2017
Hello,

I'm wondering and can't find much info about cleaning the camera lens. Even more because there is no protection filter on it.

What is the best way to do it?
Do I need to buy a lenspen?
Or can I just dampen the surface with my breath and clean it with a soft cloth?
Or should I protect the lens with an uv-filter which is less worse if you damage it by cleaning.

Thx for replies

I've been using this lens pen. I keep it in my Spark case just in case I need it when I'm out flying.

Lenspen ftw! but i am planning to get some screen protector looking thing from ebay.. just in case

I would not suggest a screen protector as the construction may interfere with picture quality. For all of my Fuji camera lenses I use a clear glass filter. The next best thing is a UV filter. I would suggest that you consider this unit from Go Pro: DJI Spark - UV Filter. I would also recommend that you still consider a lens pen (or lens cleaning cloth) as you'll invariably get smudges on the filter and/or lens.

Don

Last edited:
Thx. Have you found a review regarding the gopro uv filter? I cannot find much information about the pro's and cons in combination with the spark. I'm really considering buying the uv-filter together with the lens pen.

It is not gopro, polarpro.
The first batches were faulty, it affects the gymbal.
But the second batch supposed to be good, according to some.

Lancelot thanks for the correction. Might want to wait until you see more feedback. You could also give it a try. It would be your call.

I think if you do a Google search on the item you might get some more information.

Don

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none