Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Comparing sensor data in Airdata for Go4 and Litchi

Crispjon

Join
Jan 14, 2018
Loc
UK
Looking at the sensor data in Airdata I see that I get no minor errors when using Go4 4.3 but Litchi gives many more. The score for radio signal for Go4 is 100% but Litchi 60% down to 24%. The signal was lost several times for less than 1.5 seconds. I was not aware of problems when flying. The flight distance was only about 40 to 50 metres in full LOS. I use FCC mode always and my OnePlus One phone for both Go4 4.3 and Litchi 4.8: I had force closed Go4 before changing to Litchi. I am wondering if the phone is the cause and I would try it on my OnePlus 6 but I have the Litchi beta on that (since entering the beta program) and am told it will change from FCC to CE. I use OTG cable on Go4 but Wifi for Litchi am I comparing two different things? Should I try Litchi beta with OTG though they say it doesn't work?

I have found a simalar issue with the minor signal errors between Go4 and Litchi.
last night I flew about a mile out and returned with Go4 and had almost no errors however this
morning I flew almost the exact mission with Litchi and I had minor signal errors all the way out and back.
Only difference was that this morning the GPS signals were not quite as strong as last night. Last night GPS was all green as excellent and this morning was a lot of Orange which is Fair.
Could this GPS difference affect the signal errors??

Looking at the sensor data in Airdata I see that I get no minor errors when using Go4 4.3 but Litchi gives many more. The score for radio signal for Go4 is 100% but Litchi 60% down to 24%. The signal was lost several times for less than 1.5 seconds. I was not aware of problems when flying. The flight distance was only about 40 to 50 metres in full LOS. I use FCC mode always and my OnePlus One phone for both Go4 4.3 and Litchi 4.8: I had force closed Go4 before changing to Litchi. I am wondering if the phone is the cause and I would try it on my OnePlus 6 but I have the Litchi beta on that (since entering the beta program) and am told it will change from FCC to CE. I use OTG cable on Go4 but Wifi for Litchi am I comparing two different things? Should I try Litchi beta with OTG though they say it doesn't work?
I've also seen some talk of OnePlus 6 going to Android Pie which may conflict with Litchi prior to there newest Android Beta (which was Pie support) but I won't be updating my OnePlus 5 anytime soon to avoid conflict

Reactions: shawnski451
I've also seen some talk of OnePlus 6 going to Android Pie which may conflict with Litchi prior to there newest Android Beta (which was Pie support) but I won't be updating my OnePlus 5 anytime soon to avoid conflict
Yes I will be avoiding pie update though I thought Litchi were sorting that.

If I remember correctly, fcc spoof must be done via wifi connection first time when using Litchi. Not OTG cable.
After this, you can use OTG and still have fcc mode.
A popup in Litchi.. similar to GO 4 app about Wifi location.. will show when connecting to drone.
If you get this popup, you are in fcc mode.

If I remember correctly, fcc spoof must be done via wifi connection first time when using Litchi. Not OTG cable.
After this, you can use OTG and still have fcc mode.
A popup in Litchi.. similar to GO 4 app about Wifi location.. will show when connecting to drone.
If you get this popup, you are in fcc mode.
Thanks Haggi, are you using the Litchi beta? if it is OK to use OTG with that I must do a comparison with both on OTG.

Thanks Haggi, are you using the Litchi beta? if it is OK to use OTG with that I must do a comparison with both on OTG.
I did sign up for the Beta, then paid.. now I'm on official. Still get "weekly" updates.
I would say ---> go fly!

Last edited:
IS the Lithchi final version for IOS only? I have the Android beta version and still dont have otg use.
Thanks

Are you on the Litchi beta ?
I'm using Litchi on Android. Currently it's 4.9.0-GBeta, with working OTG. Prior to recent update, 4.8.0 (non-beta) also OTG worked great.

I know another user, who is using IOS Litchi (Beta testing) and they have no trouble using OTG cable with their Apple Tablet.

Perhaps your OTG cable is the trouble. I have at least one upgrade my wires/OTG cable to newer ones/name brand cables and found I get better connection and less disconnects.

Guys, so on Android you were able to fly the Spark with the Otg on 4.8.0? I really thought OTG was not yet supported? Do you have any issues?

Guys, so on Android you were able to fly the Spark with the Otg on 4.8.0? I really thought OTG was not yet supported? Do you have any issues?
None "whatsoever".
Except I need to be on wifi connection to manually change channel.. ;)

I'm using Litchi on Android. Currently it's 4.9.0-GBeta, with working OTG. Prior to recent update, 4.8.0 (non-beta) also OTG worked great.

I know another user, who is using IOS Litchi (Beta testing) and they have no trouble using OTG cable with their Apple Tablet.

Perhaps your OTG cable is the trouble. I have at least one upgrade my wires/OTG cable to newer ones/name brand cables and found I get better connection and less disconnects.
I am pretty certain my OTG cable is good but I must now try it with Litchi .I have both 4.9.0. (beta) and 4.8.0 but I have previously used wifi as not sure about OTG but am now reassured.

I am pretty certain my OTG cable is good but I must now try it with Litchi .I have both 4.9.0. (beta) and 4.8.0 but I have previously used wifi as not sure about OTG but am now reassured.
I always set to Airplane mode.

Power on RC, power on Spark. Wait till RC light changes to green. Connect USB to phone/tablet, then connect OTG cable to RC. (Usually then my device asks which app I want to use, I pick Litchi "just once" option) ((make sure DJI app isn't open at same time as Litchi or for sure you'll get conflict))

I always set to Airplane mode.

Power on RC, power on Spark. Wait till RC light changes to green. Connect USB to phone/tablet, then connect OTG cable to RC. (Usually then my device asks which app I want to use, I pick Litchi "just once" option) ((make sure DJI app isn't open at same time as Litchi or for sure you'll get conflict))
Also be sure everything is on the newest firmware ...

Reactions: Crispjon
Today Litchi updated again (Beta) (Android) and they don't say what they changed or added. However now, I did get a screen display message that stated OTG is not supported by Litchi and to use WiFi, but nevertheless OTG worked without issue on my flights

Today Litchi updated again (Beta) (Android) and they don't say what they changed or added. However now, I did get a screen display message that stated OTG is not supported by Litchi and to use WiFi, but nevertheless OTG worked without issue on my flights
This whole refusal to support OTG is a mystery which I guess comes from the dji SDK? (I know nothing of the inner workings of these things) and combined with Litchi betas where we have no information on changes makes me nervous. I think i'll dump the beta and go back to the stable version and not update. We get more useful info from forum members than the developers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena