Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Compatibility - New Galaxy NOTE 8 with DJI SPARK

GreenWolf

Join
Dec 8, 2017
Hi

Just received DJI FLY ALOT MORE COMBO. With DJI SPARK. Charged all batteries and downloaded the DJI GO 4 App.

Struggling to connect my samsung note 8 with dji spark at step one of WIFI connection. It gives me an "!" Next to wifi signal (full signal strength) and saying something like "might not be strong enough to connect".

Called UK service and they told me that Note 8 is not compatible with DJI SPARK and not sure when it will be.

ANY WAYS AROUND this ?
I have a note 5 as well and this is also not compatible.

Anyone in this group have a note 8 that works with dji spark?

I dont use your phone or Android but just a thought.
If your trying to connect up from home your home WiFi might be still connected to your phone preventing you from connecting to your controller. If you haven’t already done so try disconnecting from your home WiFi.

There is nothing wrong. It just tells you that network has no internet connectivity.

There is nothing wrong. It just tells you that network has no internet connectivity.

Kilrah
Are you using a note 8 on dji spark?

I have also attached an image from dji website that states the phone models that works with dji spark. Upon calling UK services they said note8 does NOT work on spark due to software integration / update not available yet.

So if you have a note 8 and it works on spark, then please let me know how you got it right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171208-153852.jpg
    Screenshot_20171208-153852.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 45
Here is a list also and note 8 not on here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171209-201444.jpg
    Screenshot_20171209-201444.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 37
Kilrah

I have also attached an image from dji website that states the phone models that works with dji spark. Upon calling UK services they said note8 does NOT work on spark due to software integration / update not available yet.

So if you have a note 8 and it works on spark, then please let me know how you got it right?

I recently purchased a Fly more package and also have a Note 8. What I realized is that cell data doesn't drop off for a few minutes when you connect to the spark via WiFi. You can simply wait till it drops off completely or try this instead: In order to make it connect imediately I place the phone in airplane mode, launch the app and when I select "enter device" I can turn just the wifi on. I then select either the Spark or the Spark Rc( depending on how I want to control it) I then hit the back button and within 10 seconds I get the Go fly icon. Works every time.

Almost forgot. I'm not using the most recent version of the DJI Go 4 app. The most recent version has a few bugs including one where you can't see the telemetry when connected via OTG and believe me you want to be using an otg cable.

No, but that's a standard feature of Samsung phones, have the same on my S7. It considers that anytime you connect to a WiFi network your intention is to get internet access, so if it can't find internet connectivity it warns you and suggests to disconnect. Just ignore it and stay connected, your Spark will work fine.

I have also attached an image from dji website that states the phone models that works with dji spark.
The "supported models" list doesn't mean that nothing else works, just that it's what DJI support have tested to work and will know how to guide you for troubleshooting.
Most devices work, but if not on this list DJI won't help you if you have issues, you've got to figure it out yourself or with someone else's help.

Thank you to both of your comments. I got my note 8 to work with dji spark.

Here is 2 things i did.

1. I ignored the "!" Next to wifi signal.
2. Reconnected with rc to note 8 for further updates installed and switched rc off and on again and same for drone.

I am excited:)

Thanks guys

Almost forgot. I'm not using the most recent version of the DJI Go 4 app. The most recent version has a few bugs including one where you can't see the telemetry when connected via OTG and believe me you want to be using an otg cable.
What kind of OTG cable are you using for the Note 8? Micro usb type b to micro type C?

Oh ok. I was trying to use the little dongle thing (usb type A to C) that came with the Note 8 but couldn't get it to work

What is your connecting order?
1. Drone on.
2. Controller on and wait for the two to connect (you'll see the green led on the RC ). If they don't connect press and hold the power button on the drone until 1 beep, then press and hold these 3 buttons on the remote for 3 sec. Pause, Function, and the right rear programmable button on the top of the controller
3. Close all apps on phone
4. Place phone in Airplane mode
5. Open app
6. Choose either A or B below depending on the type of connection.
A. If using OTG connect it now agree to the popup and "Go fly" should be seen
B. If using WiFi Hit "Enter Device" then turn on WiFi and select the RC wifi. Then hit your back button and Go Fly should light up after a few seconds.

Reactions: FamKench
I have a note 8 and was previously using a note 5 with no issue I only notice that the note 8 seems to have a party video feed, it's choppy and the range is differnt for some reason but I've used standard Wi-Fi connection with no issue what so ever

I think those articles were written before the Note 8 was actually released. Mine works fine, but the quick start instructions were a little lacking. Once I realized how the connections work, I had no issues.

I've learned to ignore some notices from my phone -- back out of the dji without closing, reopen and it works. Even though it told me it wasn't connected. That's not really a fix for anything, but at least it can allow you to fly. Using a Galaxy S7.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis