Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Connecting to spark

mikeyST

Join
Apr 12, 2021
Is there a way to connect my spark with my RC , my iPhone ( how I always fly)
And my DJI goggles?

I’d like to have the goggles work for another person, standing next to me ...while I fly off my phone as usual
I think I can do it with cables, but I’m just not very technical ( old guy)
So I’m not sure which cables or how to hook up

Not as far as I'm aware.

With my M1P and occusync I can connect my re goggles for 3rd party to wear while I fly using my ipad.

But with the Spark you must cable connect goggles, and no option to use the normal viewing device (phone or ipad / tablet).
There may be a work around someone knows, but I haven't kept up with hacks in the past year or so.

The cable connect is pretty simple.
If you fly VLOS and use care, a 3rd party could wear the goggles while you fly still.

I can’t believe I missed the simple solution
With the spark connected to my RC....
The RC is connected to my iPhone with Wifi
( select spark RC in the phones WiFi settings)
Then used the supplied DJI hdmi cable that came with the goggles ... plugged into a lighting-to-hdmi adapter into my iPhone
The other end plugged into the goggles so the googles are basically functioning as a monitor for my iPhone

so I can fly normal on my phone, and the person next to me with the goggles sees what’s on the phone screen

I can’t believe I missed the simple solution
With the spark connected to my RC....
The RC is connected to my iPhone with Wifi
( select spark RC in the phones WiFi settings)
Then used the supplied DJI hdmi cable that came with the goggles ... plugged into a lighting-to-hdmi adapter into my iPhone
The other end plugged into the goggles so the googles are basically functioning as a monitor for my iPhone

so I can fly normal on my phone, and the person next to me with the goggles sees what’s on the phone screen

Wow, that's pretty simple, I have no need to try this but glad it worked for you.

Apple you can get a hdmi to lighting adaptor and mirror the screen on your Iphone to any hdmi device.

Another alternative is to connect the Spark directly with your iPhone‘S WiFi (less lag, cleaner Wifi spectrum) while the Goggles are connected via HDMI adapter.
And you can use a Bluetooth game controller for better handling and unobstruct the WiFi from hands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex