Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Connecting to Spark

0ursisthefury

Join
Jun 1, 2017
This is kind of confusing, I don't know if something is wrong with my drone or phone, but I cannot scan the QC code. there is no button to press or screen prompt. I have tried to keep my iphone camera fixed on the scan code but it is not picking up. Help?

This is kind of confusing, I don't know if something is wrong with my drone or phone, but I cannot scan the QC code. there is no button to press or screen prompt. I have tried to keep my iphone camera fixed on the scan code but it is not picking up. Help?

Are you doing the initial activation?

Here's a video showing how to activate the Spark by scanning the QR code:

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I don't know of anyone that has successfully used the QR code method for activation

I don't know of anyone that has successfully used the QR code method for activation
Same, tried even to take picture and print it bigger, all fails.
Just using a basic android bar code scanner and in ALL cases, it can read it properly, so definitively a glitch in Go app IMO.

Same, tried even to take picture and print it bigger, all fails.
Just using a basic android bar code scanner and in ALL cases, it can read it properly, so definitively a glitch in Go app IMO.
Yeah, that should have been a good indication in regards to how the rest of the process would be (i.e. WIFI pairing)

Yeah, that should have been a good indication in regards to how the rest of the process would be (i.e. WIFI pairing)
Yes, you mean having to switch in and out between your local wifi and the Spark wifi. I don't have found the way to use to that the cellular for internet and wifi for the Spark.

Ah, didn't realize the RC also had a QR code
There's no doubt that DJI could have been a little more clear on connection/activation depending on whether you got the Fly Less or Fly More package. Particularly since this device might attract a newer user-base and if your only guide was "Hi, I'm Ty".

At first when I tried to scan the QR code it wouldn't work, then as i was bringing my phone further away it got it.

So maybe try further away, I want to say I was about a foot away when it got it.

my .02

Just received my Flymore combo this morning.

I wasn't able to scan QR code with my iPad. So I just powered up Spark, controller and went into DJI app. It was already paired to controller. Connected to spark via wifi with 12341234 password. Selected Spark as equipment then selected the icon in upper right on same screen and selected 'activation'. It walked me through activation, but I did have to switch back and forth from home wifi to spark wifi. It finished activation OK.

Firmware update was a bit mysterious, it downloaded and updated Spark but indication in DJI go 4 app showed 0% progress even though the Spark went through a series of light changes and then rebooted OK. After rebooting/connecting it updated the controller and showed progress during that update. Test flight OK. I had to reboot the app to get video, but after that all OK.

I plan to connect via USB cable from iPad to controller, but don't have a cable yet. Not sure why they made the Mavic and Spark controllers different with regards to the lower USB connector (micro vs. standard usb).

I plan to connect via USB cable from iPad to controller, but don't have a cable yet. Not sure why they made the Mavic and Spark controllers different with regards to the lower USB connector (micro vs. standard usb).
Cost ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme