Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Considering a Spark purchase, could use some expert input...

Joe Johns

Join
Jan 2, 2018
Hello All,

Happy 2018!

As the title states, I am considering purchasing a Spark but have a quick question that I haven't been able to answer after browsing this forum and the web. Forgive me if I have overlooked it.

I live within 5 miles of a small regional airport. Will the DJI app/software prevent me from flying the Spark on my own property?

I guess my question is: Can I fly the Spark on my 1.5 acre property at 10-20 feet of altitude (well below the treeline surrounding my property) to practice? My current understanding is that the app/software will not allow me to do that....is that correct?

Thanks so much for reading and I greatly appreciate any input you may be willing to share with a newbie.

Hope to join y'all soon!!

Have a great day,
Joe

Hello All,

Happy 2018!

As the title states, I am considering purchasing a Spark but have a quick question that I haven't been able to answer after browsing this forum and the web. Forgive me if I have overlooked it.

I live within 5 miles of a small regional airport. Will the DJI app/software prevent me from flying the Spark on my own property?

I guess my question is: Can I fly the Spark on my 1.5 acre property at 10-20 feet of altitude (well below the treeline surrounding my property) to practice? My current understanding is that the app/software will not allow me to do that....is that correct?

Thanks so much for reading and I greatly appreciate any input you may be willing to share with a newbie.

Have a great day,
Joe

If your property is within a DJI-designated No-Fly-Zone (NFZ) you will still be able to fly, but you will have to unlock the NFZ every time. If you do not, you won't even be able to spin up the motors.

It doesn't matter that you want to fly on your own property, or only up to 20 feet AGL, you still might be within the NFZ that needs to be unlocked.

Click here to see if you are within a DJI NFZ.

If your property is within a DJI-designated No-Fly-Zone (NFZ) you will still be able to fly, but you will have to unlock the NFZ every time. If you do not, you won't even be able to spin up the motors.

It doesn't matter that you want to fly on your own property, or only up to 20 feet AGL, you still might be within the NFZ that needs to be unlocked.

Click here to see if you are within a DJI NFZ.

Thank you very much!

Hello All,

Happy 2018!

Have a great day,
Joe
Since you do not stipulate what country you live in and thus unable to determine the civil aviation laws for that particular location - impossible to answer.

I bought my spark a week ago and I just wanted to try it out in the back yard.....no go because of the airport.
I just drove a couple of miles to a park to get it to work.

Reactions: Joe Johns

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe