Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Controller calibration not working.

cozzykim

Join
Jan 17, 2018
Loc
Derbyshire UK.
As above, trying to calibrate my RC.

When I get to the screen where it says 'push the stick as indicated Repeat' and push the sticks to the blue dot, nothing happens, the dots don't move, they turn blue but nothing else happens.

Eventually the operation times out, no matter how much I waggle the sticks around.

Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Latest firmwares and latest Android Go4, tried it with two different phone/tablets, same.

Last edited:
I have a spare phone with DJI Go4 4.2.12.557 installed.

I went through the RC calibration procedure on that phone, and it worked fine.

Both my other devices have 4.21.1 and neither of them will complete the calibration procedure.

Possible Go4 version bug?

Ha ha, not just me then, from forum.dji Spark new firmware thread:

"
Btw any1 faced issue calibrating RC stick after update? Somehow the blue dot in the calibratiom box does not move when i push the stick over it...."

I have a spare phone with DJI Go4 4.2.12.557 installed.

I went through the RC calibration procedure on that phone, and it worked fine.

Both my other devices have 4.21.1 and neither of them will complete the calibration procedure.

Possible Go4 version bug?
As above, trying to calibrate my RC.

When I get to the screen where it says 'push the stick as indicated Repeat' and push the sticks to the blue dot, nothing happens, the dots don't move, they turn blue but nothing else happens.

Eventually the operation times out, no matter how much I waggle the sticks around.

Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Latest firmwares and latest Android Go4, tried it with two different phone/tablets, same.
I had the exact same problem with Samsung S7 / S8 went to iPad Mini 4 and it works perfectly

I have not tried the calibration as of yet. What would facilitate the need to do so other than drifting?

Last edited:
For me, after this latest firmware update the sticks weren't as responsive as they once were. It helped

Are you referring to DJI's latest lame attempt at putting out a fire with gasoline? I just did the full update thing after grounding my Spark since March to avoid having it fly away on it's own or just crash into something being that I lost the signal. Now I can't link my Spark to my iPad Mini 4 half the time via the WiFi connection. Sometimes the connection shows up and other times the Spark is not listed as a connectible device at all. So very frustrating.

I guess I will have to go that route. I'm glad I have one. But I was hoping that I did not need it since I have seen so many others say that they are getting along fine without one. I think that the two should connect seamlessly through a WiFi connection as well though.

Has anyone found a solution to the original poster's calibration problem? I have exactly the same problem and would like to hear about a fix.

Resolved!!! Typical of dji, the calibration routine does not explain what may be obvious to the tech in China, but was not obvious to me. Just run the controller calibration app and start the calibration. When the little circle moves from center-top to right-top, follow it with the joystick. When it seems to get stuck at the right-top, move the joystick down slightly. That should encourage the circle to start it's trek down the right side of the box. Repeat this procedure of encouraging the circle to continue it's clockwise travel all the way around the box. When the circle gets back to it's start point the app will move to the next step of the calibration process. Now that the hysteresis is out of my yaw stick I can reliably video a stationary object without it slowly sliding sideways, and out of view.

Except that the little circles in the latest Android app never move away from top dead centre no matter how I tease them. The ones in the older app versions do, within a few seconds of moving the blue dot over them.

OK, I confess, I calibrated it with the MOD app. I avoid updates that do not offer me a compelling benefit. I didn't see any benefit for me in the latest app/firmware release. (Notice how I didn't use the term, "upgrade".) If the old program works I'm going to stick with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef