Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Controller stick configuration

gnuPilot

Join
Jul 24, 2017
What is the best configuration for RC sticks? I’ve tried it in mode 2 but that seems awkward, so currently I’m trying a custom config. I’m still not sure it is right. I’m just wondering what most people use?

Here is current layout:

Y3bYTx+

Last edited:
I would strongly recommend staying with Mode 2. I assume that you've never flown a UAV before or else you would not have asked this question.

I would strongly recommend staying with Mode 2. I assume that you've never flown a UAV before or else you would not have asked this question.

Yeah this is my first. My issue is that I am used to stick configuration on Xbox and I find myself having issues with mode 2 (muscle memory from playing games).

I m using the default mode but I m still having issues with the need to push the stick to go up. After years of flying real airplanes I m still used to pull to go up :)

Reactions: sebip
i use on my phone mode 2 , my remote is on the way with slow boat. With remote i will use mode 4 , 10 years I used mode 4 on rc airplanes ...

After many flight trying all 3 sticks mode, I configure my custom which is same as your. And I would say it fly more naturally for me. So just remember to double-check your stick configure b4 you fly..... just in case

What is the best configuration for RC sticks? I’ve tried it in mode 2 but that seems awkward, so currently I’m trying a custom config. I’m still not sure it is right. I’m just wondering what most people use?

Here is current layout:

Y3bYTx+

Wow! So if I'm left handed and it seems more natural to me to control the forward/reverse and left/right turning on the left stick, that somehow means I'm "beneath the UAV community"? Arrogant much? He was asking for help, not to be chastised.

After many flight trying all 3 sticks mode, I configure my custom which is same as your. And I would say it fly more naturally for me. So just remember to double-check your stick configure b4 you fly..... just in case
I'm left handed. Mine left stick is your right stick, and visa versa. Seems more intuitive and I don't want to destroy a $500 toy because "Mode 2" is suggested.

I think mode 2 is suggested, because it is a standard in drone industry.
This means that many drones are in mode 2, and we cannot change it.

So, if we are familiar with this mode, we can fly almost every drone in the market.

Last week I did the same custom control setup as the OP. I like it because once at desired altitude, it allows one finger to do all the directional flying and I find it easier to do sweeping turns. Feels more natural. I do wish we had Cinematic Mode on the Spark so the movements are less jerky. But for those of us on Apple, the DJI Mod is not an option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar