Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Crystal Sky and Spark OTG?

nutsnbolts

Join
Nov 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, I know some folks are using the CS with Wifi with the Spark and having great results.

Can you use an OTG cable? (Micro-usb to Type C) with it? Or is this also plagued with the whole OTG support for Android? (issues with telemetry, etc.)

I don't mind using the Wifi, as I have been using Wifi with my phone/iPad mini 4 successfully and if it works well, however, if an OTG cable works with the CS, it may be a better option.

It doesn't works. Since the update in December, do not work anymore. I was very happy with the CS until DJI updated it. And you can't uninstall any update.

Cont...
If you are in a CE country and you go to a FCC country you will realize that the CS do not change to FCC.

So wifi is the only option then till I guess till it changes. Sigh.

Cont...
If you are in a CE country and you go to a FCC country you will realize that the CS do not change to FCC.

I have my Spark flying in FCC mode and am using the Crystal sky to RC link via WiFi. Flying in area with a lot of Wifi I typically get around 700 to 750m using 5.8GHz as 2.4 GHz is very overcrowded. Its good enough for what i need.

I have my Spark flying in FCC mode and am using the Crystal sky to RC link via WiFi. Flying in area with a lot of Wifi I typically get around 700 to 750m using 5.8GHz as 2.4 GHz is very overcrowded. Its good enough for what i need.
Yes, if is in FCC is OK. But the latest update, when you change from one country to another, soy that is going to change the model, but then don't do anything. I force the change to FCC using another phone and the MOD App. Then you connect the CS and the CS stay in the FCC mode.

Out of curiosity, I know some folks are using the CS with Wifi with the Spark and having great results.

Can you use an OTG cable? (Micro-usb to Type C) with it? Or is this also plagued with the whole OTG support for Android? (issues with telemetry, etc.)

I don't mind using the Wifi, as I have been using Wifi with my phone/iPad mini 4 successfully and if it works well, however, if an OTG cable works with the CS, it may be a better option.
Today's new update has fixed otg I would try it on the cs I've just come back fly ing with otg on the new app update tonight and it was perfect with otg on Android Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo.
Yes, if is in FCC is OK. But the latest update, when you change from one country to another, soy that is going to change the model, but then don't do anything. I force the change to FCC using another phone and the MOD App. Then you connect the CS and the CS stay in the FCC mode.

Today's new update has fixed otg I would try it on the cs I've just come back fly ing with otg on the new app update tonight and it was perfect with otg on Android Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo.

Just to be clear, you're using an Android device with OTG cable? Or you used a CS device (which I know is technically Android) with an OTG cable? The reason I'm stating the difference is that I'm assuming an OTG cable with Android (samsung) versus Android (Crystalsky) have different results?

I was wondering whether the new update made any improvements since the release notes did call out optimized OTG and bug fixes on Android side specific to Spark. Good to know it seems to have improved.

Did the telemetry data that was missing come back too?

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Just to be clear, you're using an Android device with OTG cable? Or you used a CS device (which I know is technically Android) with an OTG cable? The reason I'm stating the difference is that I'm assuming an OTG cable with Android (samsung) versus Android (Crystalsky) have different results?
I used a Android Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo device.

Reactions: StyxPhoenix
I was wondering whether the new update made any improvements since the release notes did call out optimized OTG and bug fixes on Android side specific to Spark. Good to know it seems to have improved.

Did the telemetry data that was missing come back too?
All telemetry worked on my flight with the new 4.2.12 app I tried my Samsung galaxy s7 and everything was working on that as well.

All telemetry worked on my flight with the new 4.2.12 app I tried my Samsung galaxy s7 and everything was working on that as well.
Can't wait but seems like 4.2.12 is not available now or was pulled from the Google store.

Thanks for the links. Yeah I stumbled on some of the links and would prefer to get it from Google store but I may have to just grab it now. :)

When using OTG with the CS, do you use the USB-C port or the Micro USB on the CS? Or can you use either?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme