Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Customizable buttons.

martybabe

Join
Aug 11, 2017
Hello people, New Zealand calling. New to the spark but flown Phantoms since ages ago. Great piece of kit and so much quicker than the Phantoms to get up in the air, which is handy given the rubbish weather down here at the moment.

Anyway, I have searched but cant find any mention of my little issue, no biggie but.... I have set the customizable buttons for map/main screen and camera up/down, however, every time I fly again the buttons have reset to 'not defined'. Am I missing something in my attempt to assign the buttons permanently, or is that just how it is?

Thanks

Can I assume you use an OTG cable ?
This is part of the missing functionalities if you use OTG cable in place of wifi connection to the RC.

Not it has nothing to do with otg. I use otg and have my buttons mapped. Are you using the official app?

Seems there is a difference between android and IOS, android fully support OTG . By me:

Wifi:
iPad mini 4, wifi, buttons mapped correctly
phone S8, wifi, buttons mapped correctly
tab S2, wifi, buttons mapped correctly.

iPad mini 4:
  1. OTG connected, launch Go4, buttons are not mapped
  2. Set again the mapping
  3. Kill Go4, disconnect OTG, reconnect OTG, launch Go4, buttons are not mapped
  4. Set again the mapping
  5. Kill Go4, disconnect OTG, wifi, launch Go4, buttons mapped correctly

phone S8 and tab S2:
  1. OTG connected, launch Go4, buttons mapped correctly
  2. Set again the mapping
  3. Kill Go4, disconnect OTG, reconnect OTG, launch Go4, buttons mapped correctly

Also the signal indicator level of the link seems to work on android, not with IOS, when using OTG.
Regarding wifi band selection, not possible in IOS and there is some kind of setting in android but it don't seems really correct, Auto/Custom and channel 13-20, strange.
It makes sense as OTG in android is supported fully where in IOS, there is some approval needed by Apple and it state "Accessory not supported" when it connect by OTG where in android, it just launch the Go4 app.

Ah, now then, I am using an ipad mini4 and an iphone se. The 'accessory may not be supported' message has popped up several times , i just thought that was a glitch. I do have an android phone, I'll see how that does Tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

No glitch... Apple doesn't support OTG. It is in their eyes a back door around most of their products and services. Imagine an apple owner realising they can watch a movie on their phone or tablet without having to buy from iTunes store or apple tv.... Apple themselves are currently freaking out right now as DJI have shown a back door to apple users.

Reactions: martybabe
No glitch... Apple doesn't support OTG. It is in their eyes a back door around most of their products and services. Imagine an apple owner realising they can watch a movie on their phone or tablet without having to buy from iTunes store or apple tv.... Apple themselves are currently freaking out right now as DJI have shown a back door to apple users.
Interesting info and thanks for the reasoning, I'm not exactly a high flyer in the tech department :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar