Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Deep cycle ?

zenfly

Join
Jun 23, 2019
I'm fairly new and just read the DJI battery guide and the deep cycle every 20 charges.. In a little research I found some forum posts said it's not necessary any more. Is there new info from DJI stating this ? I can't find any. So far I've been trying to be on the ground at about 30% and charge just before flying.. thanks

So far I've been trying to be on the ground at about 30% and charge just before flying.. thanks

That's the best to do with DJI Spark batteries.

Fully charged batteries at all times may shorten the life span as the batteries don't like to be stored fully charge for a long period.

That is why the Spark batteries will self discharge after 10 days if inactive, providing you don't tap the button to check the charge, then it resets the timer in the battery to ten days and starts over.

Just don't let them hibernate to a point of no return.

10 percent of power is saved to preserve the intelligence of the battery, but even that will fade away if stored for a long time and the battery may not be usable at that point.

Here's a lengthy video about the Spark battery.

It's worth a watch when you have the time.

Reactions: 41Flyer and zenfly
Thanks.. I watched that last week but he is so long winded and repeats over and over I almost fell asleep. I'll have a coffee and watch it again in the morning.

Thanks.. I watched that last week but he is so long winded and repeats over and over I almost fell asleep. I'll have a coffee and watch it again in the morning.

I know what you mean. :)

As a newbie it is worth the watch to better understand the fundamentals of a good drone experience. Thank for the detail and the educational value.

Great video. Here are some highlights I found. This was made before the portable charging station was released so he did not include that in the video.

10:00 - Good vs Bad things

20:10 - LED and Error codes

24:12 - Battery temperatures :
Use/Fly: 0-40c / 32-104f
Charge: 15-40c / 60-104f
Store: 22-28c / 70-82f

32:05 - How to Reset battery

34:00 - Not flying as much, check idle batteries at least once a month.

35:00 - DJ4 Go app and see your battery info

39:00 - Geek out about the batteries

45:47 - Accessories

Great video. Here are some highlights I found. This was made before the portable charging station was released so he did not include that in the video.

10:00 - Good vs Bad things

20:10 - LED and Error codes

24:12 - Battery temperatures :
Use/Fly: 0-40c / 32-104f
Charge: 15-40c / 60-104f
Store: 22-28c / 70-82f

32:05 - How to Reset battery

34:00 - Not flying as much, check idle batteries at least once a month.

35:00 - DJ4 Go app and see your battery info

39:00 - Geek out about the batteries

45:47 - Accessories
This is what I was going to do next time..thanks for the time and sharing.

During the battery temperature part, he talked about letting a battery cool down before charging it again. I am guilty of throw it into the charger as quick as I can to get those extra minutes of flight time but will be changing that.

During the battery temperature part, he talked about letting a battery cool down before charging it again. I am guilty of throw it into the charger as quick as I can to get those extra minutes of flight time but will be changing that.

Oh. Don't worry. The battery won't take any charge until it has cooled down appropriately. Then it will automagically start charging.

Indeed, I recommend this video as a sleep aid. But I did get through it and it is informative. Could be shorter!

I'm fairly new and just read the DJI battery guide and the deep cycle every 20 charges.. In a little research I found some forum posts said it's not necessary any more. Is there new info from DJI stating this ? I can't find any. So far I've been trying to be on the ground at about 30% and charge just before flying.. thanks
there is no deep cyclie chargine and discharging on these batts its all controled via the software... set your safety at 25% even if it reaches a certain point technically your spark should come home if you dont want it to or it needs to it says returning or it asks you... but i never trust that i start back at 25% i use

Reactions: zenfly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit