Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Default 2.4 or 5.8 mghz?

Bob Johnston

Join
May 2, 2018
Not clear if if I'm flying at 2.4 o4 5.8. My wifi screen shows its in auto(blue letters in rectangle) and has 5.8 on next line. Not sure if an indication of current setting or the next choice???
Thanks

It is current setting, you are in 5.8G.
To change it you would need to use MANUAL button and then select another channel bellow the graph. Then press APPLY and then it would change after a restart of the wifi (a few seconds of blank video screen).

Thank you. The reason I asked is I was getting longer distance with previous firmware( im on the latest) from an identical spot than I do now. May try switching to 2.4 and try again. Used otg cable, but cant remember if I used the otg previously in longer flights. Need to write down my variable I guess. Thanks again. Sorry Im in the US.

Can OTG with the spark be adjusted manually? If so, which is best for OTG: 2.4 or 5.8? Thank you.
In general 2.4G will provide more range in open area but if there are other wifi around often the 5.8G is less crowdy and give a better range than 2.4G in that condition but a lesser range than 2.4G when there is no disturbance.

I use an OTG cable and set the frequency to auto. Haven’t had any range issues while using this method.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena