Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Demo of an automated waypoint flight with the Spark

rcdancer

Join
Nov 3, 2018
Loc
SE United States
Demonstration of an automated waypoint flight by the DJI Spark using the Litchi app. The Spark is like Mighty Mouse - little but powerful. The battery had an impressive 87% remaining at the conclusion of this flight. The Spark is often undersold and under-appreciated. But in the hands of a skilled and trained pilot, it's capable of great things; it's even well-suited for Drone Search & Rescue operations in some cases. The Spark searched this rough terrain in 3 minutes that would take probably an hour to search on foot. (Terrain doesn't look rough from this video 125 ft up, but it's very rough and difficult to navigate on foot.)

If you're interested in a full day of free training on using your drone for Search & Rescue operations, we are hosting a training session on 30 March 2019 at Mentone, AL neat Chattanooga, TN. See our web site below for info. Only 6 spots remaining. And yes ..... Spark owners are welcome.

www.dronesar.info

Last edited:
WOW! What a great application for Spark and Litchi. Makes me proud to own a Spark!

I use Drone Harmony (for android) and they have survey patterns to do inspections or searches - this one was just a little 2 mile loop surrounding our local township rec facility (not a search grid) - but still enjoyed sitting back and watching the mission run with the SPARK - landed with approx 35-40% battery remaining.

Demonstration of an automated waypoint flight by the DJI Spark using the Litchi app. The Spark is like Mighty Mouse - little but powerful. The battery had an impressive 87% remaining at the conclusion of this flight. The Spark is often undersold and under-appreciated. But in the hands of a skilled and trained pilot, it's capable of great things; it's even well-suited for Drone Search & Rescue operations in some cases. The Spark searched this rough terrain in 3 minutes that would take probably an hour to search on foot.

If you're interested in a full day of free training on using your drone for Search & Rescue operations, we are hosting a training session on 30 Mat at Mentone, AL. See the web site for info. Only 7 spots remaining. And yes ..... Spark owners are welcome.

www.dronesar.info

Great video . What is the name of the sound track used

Demonstration of an automated waypoint flight by the DJI Spark using the Litchi app. The Spark is like Mighty Mouse - little but powerful. The battery had an impressive 87% remaining at the conclusion of this flight. The Spark is often undersold and under-appreciated. But in the hands of a skilled and trained pilot, it's capable of great things; it's even well-suited for Drone Search & Rescue operations in some cases. The Spark searched this rough terrain in 3 minutes that would take probably an hour to search on foot. (Terrain doesn't look rough from this video 125 ft up, but it's very rough and difficult to navigate on foot.)

If you're interested in a full day of free training on using your drone for Search & Rescue operations, we are hosting a training session on 30 March 2019 at Mentone, AL neat Chattanooga, TN. See our web site below for info. Only 6 spots remaining. And yes ..... Spark owners are welcome.

www.dronesar.info

That was awesome ,what a great tool. Nice job.Yes like Neebuz said what track is that really cool. Thank you for that.

I'm wondering if I could use Litchi to have the spark follow me around a trail while I ski. If I loaded the trail. Can you give it a speed to maintain and where you want the gimbal to be looking? I think this could turn out better than active track for something I have in mind.

I'm wondering if I could use Litchi to have the spark follow me around a trail while I ski. If I loaded the trail. Can you give it a speed to maintain and where you want the gimbal to be looking? I think this could turn out better than active track for something I have in mind.

I think active track is more realistic. Problem is your speed would have to match exactly what you programmed in Litchi.

I
I have done exactly that, but I used my Phantom 3 Standard instead and AutoPilot software (iOS only). I have tried it with my Spark and it works well but because the Spark has shorter battery life (around 10 to 11 minutes), you will find yourself landing and changing batteries. This is not a problem, but if it's cold out you will not want to be doing this too often. As rcdancer said, an Active Track type mission would work better as it would take tons of tweaking to get a Waypoint mission to be able to match your skiing speed.

Also, I have had much better results using AutoPilot for this type of task. I have tried the tracking missions in both DJI GO4 and Litchi and found they have trouble maintaining a lock on me because either I am too small or the trails I ski on have too many obstacles (trees) that confuse the tracking. AutoPilot is much more complex software and has a learning curve but I have found it much better for this type of tracking. Whatever software you use, you should try it out in a wide open space like a field first to see how it works.

One other issue, you have to be aware of is RTH. You will need to set a Dynamic home point, otherwise if RTH is initiated the AC will return to its takeoff point (assuming that is where the home point was set).

Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast