Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Did FedEx steal my Spark?

TavisB

Join
Jun 14, 2017
I'm sitting at home waiting for my Spark to be delivered (signature required). I get an email saying that it had been delivered. I look at the tracking page and it says it was delivered at 9:37a and was signed for by (my first initial and last name). I look around my house and no package. I contact FedEx via chat at 10:24a. They start a trace for the package.

11:20a I get a call from FedEx. They say they show it as delivered and signed for my me. They say they will continue with the trace process and I should hear back in 48 hours.

WTF.

Was the address correct on the order?

The seller got back to me today. They are also going to file a claim with FedEx. They say it could take 7-10 days.

When I put in my preorder on 5/24 I really didn't think this is what I'd be dealing with. I should have just waited to find it in a store.

The seller got back to me today. They are also going to file a claim with FedEx. They say it could take 7-10 days.

When I put in my preorder on 5/24 I really didn't think this is what I'd be dealing with. I should have just waited to find it in a store.
Unacceptable

If FedEx doesn't fix this by tomorrow I'm calling my credit card company to see what options I have.

If FedEx doesn't fix this by tomorrow I'm calling my credit card company to see what options I have.
I wouldn't hesitate if I were you

Well, good news. It was delivered to the wrong address. A neighbor just dropped it off along with a separate FedEx order also delivered to the wrong address a day later. It was not signed for, they found it laying outside their garage.

Well, good news. It was delivered to the wrong address. A neighbor just dropped it off along with a separate FedEx order also delivered to the wrong address a day later. It was not signed for, they found it laying outside their garage.
Ah...happy ending!

Crazy! My UPS guy always leaves packages just sitting there. Even if we are home, he doesn't even knock or ring. He pretty much leaves it by the door and runs back to his truck. We usually find the packages later on the door step.

FedEx has terrible customer service. I ordered something a few months ago, was sitting in my living room and saw the truck pull up out front, sit for a minute then leave without delivering my package. When I called FedEx to see why, I was told since I didn't pay for express delivery, they had to hold it for the remainder of the 7 day normal delivery time. This made zero sense because I live way out in the boonies so making a second trip out here was stupid.

Yeah. I can't believe they didn't just send the driver back to see if he left it at the right house. They made a lot of extra work for me.

This is the second time this has happened to me with FedEx. A few years ago I ordered some computer parts. Same thing, marked as delivered but no package. I called and they started a trace. Package miraculously showed up on my porch the next morning.

I installed a nest cam for this exact reason, I get notified right away when someone walks up to the door.
This issue with DJI and FedEx does suck though. The fact that you cant have the package held at a FedEx location and then go and sign for it with your ID is beyond me. Every other company that uses them your'e allowed to do that except for DJI.

I signed the door tags and both times he wrote someone had to sign in person. I thought signing the door tag completely removed FedEx's responsibility if the package did then in fact get stolen. I happened to pop home for my lunch break and sure enough he came within 15 minutes of me being there otherwise the package would have been back on the truck to California!!

I sent an email do DJI and they weren't any help simply saying the package must be signed for with no other option to have it delivered to another address, held for at location nothing. I told him most people actually have to work during the week and cant wait around all day for a delivery. If you want anything from DJI and cant be home I would just wait till you can pick it up in store to avoid all this.

I went through the same **** issue with my $35 ND Filters for my Mavic a while back......

Anyone else who hasn't received their Spark yet getting anxious and about to have a nervous breakdown by reading this xD??! (Thinking back to the time FedEx lied to us several times saying we "weren't home", yet we were there the Entire Day... Every day that they said they checked and didn't get an answer to the door, had to fight them for a week to finally give the package up :( And also the time we shipped my cousins my old Lego's, hundreds of dollars worth, with a card and the card arrived but not the box of Legos... Mind you the card had no address on it and was Inside The Box containing the Legos!!!) I feel like I'm gonna faint :confused:

I actually had a decent experience getting my spark delivered. The FedEx guy came 10 minutes before the office at my apartment complex opened yesterday, so they said they would deliver it today. I called customer service and asked them to try to get the driver to double back since he had just stopped like 15 minutes prior. They said they would reach out and keep me posted. I didn't hear back, so I called again and actually got connected with the local depot and they told me the driver wouldn't be able to go back, but he could drop it at the FedEx store in my city. I thought this was strange since that's not supposed to be an option, but she assured me it was fine. Picked it up yesterday and had time to get 3 batteries worth of flights in!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast