Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.6

czechmark

Join
Dec 23, 2017
Loc
New Jersey
I recently tried to connect my Spark with my computer (MacBook) using Assistant 1.1.6. It does show my drone as connecting to the actual app. I see the Firmware history and current FW, but When I try Data Upload, it asks me to confirm and when I do, it will just sit there like its trying to download/upload something. But I can come back 10 minutes later and nothing. Same thing for BlackBox.

Am I the only one having this issue?

Update:
I created a Windows 7 VM Fusion virtual machine on my iMac. Assistant 2 V1.1.6 works as designed on that VM. Still no luck with the MAC version. . . .

Assistant 1.2.0 doesnt work...
Update II:
Here’s a link to a similar discussion on the DJI Forum - It doesn’t explain the issues with DJI Assistant but it does describe a work around that allows you to manage your Spark Flight records.

odd that it seems to work ok on Windows and not a Mac when DJI seem to have such a massive hard-on for iPhones and not Android :(

Yeah, I wonder what the Windows/Mac ratio is for DJI Drone users?

Does anyone know where I could find the .pkg file for 1.1.6 for OSX? All I can find is the 1.2.0

Nevermind, I found it on a Chinese website. I accidentally deleted 1.1.6 to try out 1.2.0 on my Mac and forgot that I no longer had the install package for 1.1.6.

Yes, 1.2.0 is very buggy in OSX, the No-Fly Zone database never updates, just hangs on transmitting.

Last edited:
Getting ready to go on a trip and thought I'd make sure my firmware was up to date :(
'dji assistant 2 cannot load firmware list'
Does this mean I'm grounded?
I haven't flown in 2 months with the weather we've had.

No. It just means the update is failing to install from the DJI Assistant 2 application. Luckily, firmware updates are optional.

You could try updating the firmware from the DJI GO app.

Getting ready to go on a trip and thought I'd make sure my firmware was up to date :(
'dji assistant 2 cannot load firmware list'
I haven't flown in 2 months with the weather we've had.

If you have an older version of the Assistant software V1.0.6 or V1.1.6, you will no longer be able to see the firmware list and will have to upgrade to the latest assistant software. V1.2.0. I would use the DJI Go App as recommended previously mentioned by Spark Help. Only if the DJI GO App fails or you want to rollback to an earlier firmware for whatever reason would you really want to use the DJI Assistant desktop software anyway.

I was wrong it's V1.0.6 and v1.09 that no longer has the latest update manager, so on these versions you will no longer see firmware updates.

Last edited:
A lot of people is mentioning (in other threads, related with assistant software) that they updated firmware for AC and batteries ''step by step''.
Is this really needed or updating directly to the latest update should be OK?

You do not need to install the firmware updates in order. It's okay to jump right to the firmware version of your choice.

Reactions: mimixtz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar