Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Assistant - to or not to do?

I B Spectre

Join
Aug 16, 2019
I haven't had a need to use DJI Assistant so far, but I noticed that there are two instances of it on my pc. One, "DJI Assistant 2 is under Program Files, the other shows up under Photos (for some reason) and is named DJI +Assistant+2+1.2.5. Given that the Photos folder appears immediately before Program Files, I may have fat-fingered its location for download/installation, but I'm not sure. I've read Microsoft has issues with DJI over licensing resulting in some security warning verbiage. I tried searching for the difference between the two iterations of DJI Assistant 2 and it seems the 2+1.2.5 may be an update to Assistant 2 and may have some things related to Windows 10. I am running Win7 and am in no hurry to get pushed into Win10 for various reasons.

Question is, do I need DJI Assistant 2 and why? If so, do I run the 2+1.2.5?

May I ask what you use the DJI Assistant for? I think I had used in only once to experiment with yaw-expo settings but since then, I have never felt the need.

May I ask what you use the DJI Assistant for?
That's a good question and what it is I'm trying to find out. I downloaded it when I first got my Spark and began the process of setting up a DJI account, updating firmware and Go 4. I've seen some discussion here suggesting it can help troubleshoot why some aberrant thing happened with Spark. I've not had any such occurrences thus far, so I haven't tried the Assistant and not sure I need it at all. If not, I'll delete it from my pc. I can always get it if needed...provided it'll work under Win7.

I just keep it around for firmware updates. Ol Sparky doesn't seem to want to do them on it's own. Might be a WiFi issue at home, but works like a charm when I hook it up to assistant. Much faster as well. Otherwise, just sits on my computer taking up space.

Reactions: I B Spectre
So far I haven't had any issues with firmware or software updates through my home WiFi. My most recent update for Precise Fly Safe Database went smoothly, although it did seem to pause at around 49% for awhile, then finally finished the upload in a speedy manner. As long as I'm able to do the updates via WiFi, I guess I can delete Assistant 2. I can always (probably) download it again if needed. I presume it's not needed to download/cache maps for flying in areas without internet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme