Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How do i change my YAW parameter settings to make a more cinematic turn in sport mode?

skinwalker

Join
Oct 8, 2018
I have my settings fairly aggressive in Assistant 2 for my sport mode settings. When flying in sport mode i go to turn and the bird looks like its ready to flip over and turns 90 degrees rather than a smooth pan left or right. I tried modifying the YAW sensativity in assistant app to 40 under flight controls but not sure if that made everything worse or even somehow slowed down my gimbal (which turns REALLY slow now). Any private messages or advice on settings would be really helpful. The bird goes really fast in sport mode now but is somewhat unstable to maneuver.

Also using the DJI MOD 2.0 how on earth do i get maps to work on it?...claims it waypoints and maps, but neither seems to work for me.

thanks!

Ya, sport mode is not really for cinema... its for sporty stuff... (hint, its in the name) ;) There are more expensive drones that can perhaps fit that bill... what I would recommend is to fly in GPS mode with obstacle avoidance off, then speed up your footage in post. Thats probably the best you can hope for with a Spark.

As for the mod app, cant help you there, have warranty, will fly stock.

Someone else may chime in here, there are those who tweak with the old Assistant.

Welcome to the forum....:cool:

also using that MOD DJI 2.0 which wont load maps to save my life. Only the origional DJI GO app seems to populate a local map

Ya, sport mode is not really for cinema... its for sporty stuff... (hint, its in the name) ;) There are more expensive drones that can perhaps fit that bill... what I would recommend is to fly in GPS mode with obstacle avoidance off, then speed up your footage in post. Thats probably the best you can hope for with a Spark.

As for the mod app, cant help you there, have warranty, will fly stock.

Someone else may chime in here, there are those who tweak with the old Assistant.

Welcome to the forum....:cool:
how do you "fly in gps mode" what just looking at the map? how is that going to help stabilize my spark when it makes sharp turns even in gps mode (not sure exactly what "fly only in gps mode" means yet..)?

Last edited:
When you are not in sports mode and not Atti, you are in GPS mode. OA limits the speed of the spark, turning it off will alllow you to double the speed (still not as fast as Sport mode) whilst maintaining the gimbal stabilization. That is what I was referring to. If you actually want to have banked shots and smoothly return to level, its not going to happen, you need a fixed wing aircraft.

how do you "fly in gps mode" what just looking at the map? how is that going to help stabilize my spark when it makes sharp turns even in gps mode (not sure exactly what "fly only in gps mode" means yet..)?

That's clearly not what he said

so i can bank left or right smoothly like a aircraft should operate, not just drive really fast in a straight line...
Do you know how to make banked turns? I mean this is a matter of practice, not flying mode.

Last edited:
also using that MOD DJI 2.0 which wont load maps to save my life. Only the origional DJI GO app seems to populate a local map
Full version has a problem with maps.

Lite version can download maps, but you cannot install it side by side with the original go4 app.

so i can bank left or right smoothly like a aircraft should operate, not just drive really fast in a straight line...

Yawing is not banking!! Take it out of sport mode. It's only a **** switch. And the spark is always in GPS mode, doesn't have atti mode like the phantoms do.

Reactions: skinwalker
Try downloading offline Google maps of the area you are flying. My maps appeared after that.
I will try that now, thanks Davenwolf. Also any idea how to load a mission into the mod app? I am guessing it is the "controller" icon then swiping over to a missions (new feature DJI Go did not have?)

Yawing is not banking!! Take it out of sport mode. It's only a **** switch. And the spark is always in GPS mode, doesn't have atti mode like the phantoms do.
why not play with the parameters and set it more smoothly? I'm positive one of these would help. i believe it is caused by the severe "tilt" angle of attack which allows it to go faster... woudl it need to brake first then slowly pan? What does "YAW SENSITIVITY" value to int Flight portion of Assistant 2? I think it was at 100, i i put it to 40 and do not see much change.

sport mode isn't conducive to cinematic effect.
no longer interested in Cimematic effect interested in smooth transitions while flying drone. Question is how to slow the sharp turns in sport mode and specifically which parameters in Assistant to change. Private message if specifics cannot be posted on forum for whatever reason. Seeems like no one knows and this question has been asked on here before with no posted value string.

Also downloaded google maps offline, maps now work great!

finally does anyone know what the YAW Sensativity does in Assistant 2? What is a good and bad value (100 equals the fastest turns? 10 equals super slow turns?...does this only affect normal mode and not sport?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Davenwolf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast