Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How do i change my YAW parameter settings to make a more cinematic turn in sport mode?

Use modded 4.1.15 app found on this forum and choose "Cinematic".
It will give you full speed without the jerky camera movements.

Reactions: skinwalker
so can you still get the speed benefits of sport mode + while running cinematic mode? I wonder which specific parameters cinematic mode is overriding? Your video looks FAST and smooth!

so can you still get the speed benefits of sport mode + while running cinematic mode? I wonder which specific parameters cinematic mode is overriding? Your video looks FAST and smooth!
Forget the parameter thingy, in high wind or bad weather you need the snappy Sport mode.
Do not forget "Cinematic-mode" drift alot in turns and need 5 times brake distance. Practice in open field to get used to the mode

I will try that now, thanks Davenwolf. Also any idea how to load a mission into the mod app? I am guessing it is the "controller" icon then swiping over to a missions (new feature DJI Go did not have?)
I don't do missions so I haven't explored that feature sorry.

Missions..you mean Waypoint probably.
Well, you need to fly the waypoint mission, store your waypoints.
No "offline" planning available in Go 4 app.
If offline planning is preferred, use Litchi or other 3.party apps.

Yawing is not banking!! Take it out of sport mode. It's only a **** switch. And the spark is always in GPS mode, doesn't have atti mode like the phantoms do.
Spark does have att mode. You'll find it real quick if you fly in mountainous woods with no gps like I did. Good way to lose bird.

why not play with the parameters and set it more smoothly? I'm positive one of these would help. i believe it is caused by the severe "tilt" angle of attack which allows it to go faster... woudl it need to brake first then slowly pan? What does "YAW SENSITIVITY" value to int Flight portion of Assistant 2? I think it was at 100, i i put it to 40 and do not see much change.
Try using cinematic mode. With the mod 2.0 and the maps you have to change your date on your phone before 29 September and maps will work again the Google api in the mod app has expired

You will love cinematic mode that you get the Mavic features in the mod app but make sure you give enough space for braking because it doesn't brake straight away.

You will love cinematic mode that you get the Mavic features in the mod app but make sure you give enough space for braking because it doesn't brake straight away.
Right, cinematic mode give smoother turn with the expense of breaking less. Use it for high altitude and no obstacles cinematography. In tight space, use tripod mode.
Spark weakness is in its gimbal roll angle limitation. You can see its limitations clearly when using sport mode and strave left and right. Spark will brake with roll angle almost 60 degree, while the gimbal roll only limited ti about 30 degree (my guess only).

so i can bank left or right smoothly like a aircraft should operate, not just drive really fast in a straight line...
The little Spark is Not a 747 and will not fly like one. Sport mode was not designed to take photos or videos while using. You'll probably just get a gimbal overload anyway. You want to do more, you'll need to buy a serious drone...

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Right, cinematic mode give smoother turn with the expense of breaking less. Use it for high altitude and no obstacles cinematography. In tight space, use tripod mode.
Spark weakness is in its gimbal roll angle limitation. You can see its limitations clearly when using sport mode and strave left and right. Spark will brake with roll angle almost 60 degree, while the gimbal roll only limited ti about 30 degree (my guess only).
Dji could fix that by not putting the spark into fpv view when you switch to sports mode. That's what it does in cinematic mode it stays in follow mode like it does in GPS. I don't buy that the sparks gimble can't handle sports mode rubbish.

Dji could fix that by not putting the spark into fpv view when you switch to sports mode. That's what it does in cinematic mode it stays in follow mode like it does in GPS. I don't buy that the sparks gimble can't handle sports mode rubbish.
Well, better ask dji for improvement then. But I still think spark gimbal roll angle are limited though because its camera shape. Still holding on to my rubbish, so what?

Another approach is to edit out some or all of the jerkiness frame by frame. it's labor intensive, and probably not worth it though.

Some of the fancy editing programs can do interpolation of missing frames.

so i'm a bit confused you say the answer is to go to "cinematic mode"...well isnt cinematic mode just a change in the AC s perimeters? I mean really that is all it is doing... so what exact permaters is it changing, and i'll just set sport mode permanently to that setting in Assistant 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast