Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Care Refresh is a scam.

Ghost5849

Join
Feb 20, 2019
I received the DJI Spark Fly-more combo for Christmas of 2018. I purchased the DJI warranty for one year for $45 at the same time. Over the next nine months or so, I flew the Spark about a dozen times or so. I never crashed it or got it wet. It came out of the case and went back inside when finished. In about the ninth month, the Spark intermittently stopped staying connected to the controller then eventually wouldn't connect at all. I contacted DJI in December of 2019, a few days before my warranty expired. DJI told me to send the Spark, controller, and battery, in for repairs. I was sent a shipping label and sent the Spark in. A few weeks later, I was informed the Spark needed to be replaced and I could do so for $49 because I had the warranty. I was emailed an invoice for $49 and I paid for the replacement. Over the next few days I received several more emails from DJI for repairs so I called and spoke with a representative thinking this was a system error. I was told there was an error with my account causing it to be held up but he was able to fix it. He told me my replacement Spark would be shipped in a few days and to look for an email with shipping details Over the new few days I was sent several more repair invoices for so I called back. I was told by the representative that my Spark was reevaluated and there was actually no damage to it but instead my controller needed a motherboard replacement which is not covered by the warranty. I was told the $49 replacement fee I already paid would be credited to the controller repair and I could pay the balance. I would then get my old (apparently now fine) Spark and my repaired controller shipped back to me after I pay the new balance. By now something doesn't seem right. I called back and explained that when I was given the original invoice and I paid it, DJI entered into an agreement to send me a working Spark and controller. I was given the run around and eventually was able to plead my case to two managers. The second manager seemed like he understood my concerns and even said he agreed that I shouldn't have to pay any more money, especially given strange circumstances around the original quote for a new Spark then switching to a quote for controller repairs later. A few days later that same manager called me back and apologized because he was unable to send me back a working Spark and controller. My options were to be refunded the original $49 and get everything mailed back with no repairs, pay the $49 dollars and get a replacement Spark, or pay for the repairs to the controller.

Keep this in mind... Several of the quotes I mentioned earlier were for different and conflicting repairs for various prices ranging from $128 to $189. Also remember, the Spark Fly-more combo was $450. The warranty was $45 for a year. The drone was never crashed or mishandled. The final estimated repair is 128$ to keep get this back up in the air (after nine months of occasional use).

So, it appears that DJI has failed to build a product that can last at least one year even with proper handling. When a problem occurred, DJI did not stand by its product. Instead, DJI stands to profit on an inferior product by selling repairs that may or may not even be necessary (as is evident by the inconsistencies in the repair quote process).

I hope you made it this far in my rant but buyer beware. Be careful if you send your drone in for repairs and if you do, be suspect about what they tell you. My hope is this information will educate the entry level drone consumer to how this company views the consumer.

Last edited:
Where are you?
I never had to pay for shipping.
Sounds like you bought a sham policy and repair center.
DJI Care Refresh has always been $59 for a year.

And as I always say, results may vary.

I had nothing but great repairs and service with the two Sparks that I owned.
Flew great up to two years each until I sold them to get the Mavic Mini
My two Mavic Air are a different story.
11 warranty repairs between the two in 8 months.
Both a flymore package and a standard package were received with one DOA battery to kick things off.

I paid 45 for the care refresh. I reviewed the events and it’s true the shipping label was sent to me and I’ve edited my post accordingly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit