Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Care Refresh - Should I get it for my Spark?

Did you purchase Care Refresh with your Spark?

• Yes, I sure did.

Votes: 52 74.3%
  • No I did not, am I going to regret it?

Votes: 18 25.7%

• Total voters
It protects against you breaking it or drowning it on accident. Do it.

I also picked up the DJI care package. It's definitely worth it should anything go wrong with your Spark. Why pay more for damages to your copter when you can use the DJI care package twice for a lesser price. Just makes financial sense.

Reactions: Advexure
When you order DJI Spark you will likely be asked if you want to purchase DJI Care Refresh for your Spark. If Spark is your first DJI drone you may not be familiar with DJI's Care Refresh program, so what should you know?

View attachment 4

Care Refresh covers accidental damage to the DJI new products during normal use for up to 12 months, and for an additional charge, will offer up to two full replacements that are new or equivalent to new.

When can I get DJI Care Refresh for my Spark?
DJI Care Refresh is available before a new Spark is activated, or within the first 48 hours after activation of the Spark.

Does it cover water damage?
Yes, your Spark aircraft can be replaced under Care Refresh if it is damaged by water under normal use.

How do the replacement units work?
If you were to have an incident that requires your Care Refresh service, you would create a repair ticket on the DJI website to send in the Spark unit. Upon receipt of your Spark, DJI would inspect the unit and provide a diagnosis. If you choose to replace the unit under Care Refresh, your first time replacement fee is $49, and the second time replacement fee is $69.

How long is Care Refresh valid for?

Care Refresh plans are valid for one year (12 months) from the time the Care Refresh plan is activated on your Spark.

So...should I get Care Refresh on my Spark?
The answer is YES, we definitely recommend it and it's pretty easy to justify. You accidentally smash into a wall...you paid $499 for your Spark and with the Care Refresh package you have purchased at $59 plus your first time replacement fee of $49, you can be back up in the air within a short period of time for $108 rather than spending another $499 on another Spark. Have a second incident and pay another replacement fee but this time for $69. Now, you have had a total of 3 Sparks over your rocky start as a Spark owner and instead of being out $1,497 (the cost of three Sparks), you have been able to get up in the air on your third Spark with a total of $676 out of pocket. Easy to justify, get Care Refresh for your Spark.

To activate DJI Care Refresh on your Spark once you have obtained an activation code, please visit this page: DJI Care Refresh Activation

Should you have any specific questions regarding DJI Care Refresh for your Spark please leave them below, or feel free to reach out to the Advexure Support Team.

Enjoy your new Spark, and safe and happy flying!
-The Advexure Team :cool:

Are you sure about the water damages ? It read it is excluded in the DJI care general conditions/exclusions..?.?

23、What conditions are not covered by DJI Care?
Damage due to the following reasons are not covered by DJI Care:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.
2) Stolen or abandoned aircraft and accessories.
3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable flight conditions.
4) Any repair fees resulting from or following water damage.
5) Repair fees for battery, propellers, remote controller or other accessories.
6) Deliberate losses.
7) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.
8) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
9) Repair requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
10) Indirect loss and/or anticipated profit in any form.
11) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
12) Personal injury and/or property loss to the customer or any other people caused by the aircraft.
13) Any legal fees related to DJI Care’s warranty coverage.

Has anyone purchased DJI Refresh after 48 hours and did the verification process with a Spark?

It can be done. You either need to send a video verification or if you purchased from an Authorized Dealer they will be able to take care of it for you.

Are you sure about the water damages ? It read it is excluded in the DJI care general conditions/exclusions..?.?

6) Deliberate losses.
7) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.
11) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
12) Personal injury and/or property loss to the customer or any other people caused by the aircraft.

Please note you are referring to DJI CARE which is different from DJI CARE REFRESH. Please view the DJI CARE REFRESH terms.

Reactions: rigauli

6) Deliberate losses.
Sorry these are the conditions related to DJI CARE <> DJI CARE REFRESH !!
water damages seem to be cover within the refresh program for spark ;-)

It can be done. You either need to send a video verification or if you purchased from an Authorized Dealer they will be able to take care of it for you.

Please note you are referring to DJI CARE which is different from DJI CARE REFRESH. Please view the DJI CARE REFRESH terms.
You are right ! thanks for that clarification ;-)

Reactions: Advexure
You are right ! thanks for that clarification ;-)

No problem. If we can be of any further assistance don't hesitate to reach out. :)

Was about to ask the same Q. I have what they offer /care or refresh for few day old P4P and my MP but really on the fence for the Spark. Price you pay - $499 (not fly more price) if you had to replace the entire drone vs repair option that could be significantly less? For P4P and MP it was to me at least an easy call but for the Spark a bit harder since the replacement cost is significantly less. Would be interesting to know how much lower the attach ratio is for the Spark vs dji's other kit's.

So only DJI Refresh is available for the Spark. I have a Spark put away still unopened for Xmas. I am assuming I still have 48 hours from the time I actually turn on and activate my Spark as opposed to when i purchased it?

Exactly, the 48h will start as soon you activate the Spark in your DJI account.

Reactions: Adza 68
Exactly, the 48h will start as soon you activate the Spark in your DJI account.

Cheers thanks for that. Not long until Xmas now :) Will just have to stick to YouTube and the forums for now and should be an expert before I unbox it lol

It comes down to the ONLY logical answer............ You get two replacement units that are either NEW or LIKE NEW for $49 and $69 should anything go wrong in that first year........ In my opinion, that's better than spend $499
my take on this crap is that DJI has to offer at least one replacement with or with out the stupid refresh under warranty, so its like saying pay or nothing at all!

I bought my DJI care refresh when I purchased my Spark last November, from DJI. I activated my DJI account on first flight of the Spark, but I don’t recall activating the care refresh program. Or is this done automatically when you first fly the drone? I ask because I might need to replace my Spark, I have been getting compass error on that last three flights and GPS signal is too weak, then the drone fly’s away from me, but I have been able to gain control and bring back to me. But now I am afraid of losing it so I do not want to fly and take a chance of it taking off. So might need to try out the refresh program!

I bought my DJI care refresh when I purchased my Spark last November, from DJI. I activated my DJI account on first flight of the Spark, but I don’t recall activating the care refresh program. Or is this done automatically when you first fly the drone? I ask because I might need to replace my Spark, I have been getting compass error on that last three flights and GPS signal is too weak, then the drone fly’s away from me, but I have been able to gain control and bring back to me. But now I am afraid of losing it so I do not want to fly and take a chance of it taking off. So might need to try out the refresh program!

You are supposed to activate the DJI care refresh and link it with your AC serial number after you purchase it. Here's the link.

After that you can check the remaining balance of the replacements in the link below.

Question...can you only purchase DJI Care refresh warranty at time of purchasing your Spark, or can you purchase later as well and your still the original owner with proof of purchase through DJI.

Question...can you only purchase DJI Care refresh warranty at time of purchasing your Spark, or can you purchase later as well and your still the original owner with proof of purchase through DJI.
If you didn't buy DJI Care at the time of purchasing your Spark, you can buy it within 48 hours of activating the aircraft without showing any proof. Beyond 48 hours, you need to show video evidence that your AC is fully functional and there is no damage.

Last edited:
If you didn't buy DJI Care at the time of purchasing your Spark, you can buy it within 48 hours of activating the aircraft without showing any proof. Beyond 48 hours, you need to show video evidence that your AC is fully functional and there is no damage.
Thanks for the reply. Where do I find the instructions you mentioned in your reply?

Thanks for the reply. Where do I find the instructions you mentioned in your reply?

Check the links below for reference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme