Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Care Refresh - Should I get it for my Spark?

Did you purchase Care Refresh with your Spark?

• Yes, I sure did.

Votes: 52 74.3%
  • No I did not, am I going to regret it?

Votes: 18 25.7%

• Total voters

Advexure

Join
May 26, 2017
Loc
Los Angeles, CA
When you order DJI Spark you will likely be asked if you want to purchase DJI Care Refresh for your Spark. If Spark is your first DJI drone you may not be familiar with DJI's Care Refresh program, so what should you know?

Spark - Care Refresh.jpg

Care Refresh covers accidental damage to the DJI new products during normal use for up to 12 months, and for an additional charge, will offer up to two full replacements that are new or equivalent to new.

When can I get DJI Care Refresh for my Spark?
DJI Care Refresh is available before a new Spark is activated, or within the first 48 hours after activation of the Spark.

Does it cover water damage?
Yes, your Spark aircraft can be replaced under Care Refresh if it is damaged by water under normal use.

How do the replacement units work?
If you were to have an incident that requires your Care Refresh service, you would create a repair ticket on the DJI website to send in the Spark unit. Upon receipt of your Spark, DJI would inspect the unit and provide a diagnosis. If you choose to replace the unit under Care Refresh, your first time replacement fee is $49, and the second time replacement fee is $69.

How long is Care Refresh valid for?

Care Refresh plans are valid for one year (12 months) from the time the Care Refresh plan is activated on your Spark.

So...should I get Care Refresh on my Spark?
The answer is YES, we definitely recommend it and it's pretty easy to justify. You accidentally smash into a wall...you paid $499 for your Spark and with the Care Refresh package you have purchased at $59 plus your first time replacement fee of $49, you can be back up in the air within a short period of time for $108 rather than spending another $499 on another Spark. Have a second incident and pay another replacement fee but this time for $69. Now, you have had a total of 3 Sparks over your rocky start as a Spark owner and instead of being out $1,497 (the cost of three Sparks), you have been able to get up in the air on your third Spark with a total of $676 out of pocket. Easy to justify, get Care Refresh for your Spark.

To activate DJI Care Refresh on your Spark once you have obtained an activation code, please visit this page: DJI Care Refresh Activation

Should you have any specific questions regarding DJI Care Refresh for your Spark please leave them below, or feel free to reach out to the Advexure Support Team.

Enjoy your new Spark, and safe and happy flying!
-The Advexure Team :cool:

Reactions: Dudge Jredd
I have never tried care refresh. Question: Does care refresh replace a Spark that could not be retrieved, i.e. flew away, under water, etc.?

I have never tried care refresh. Question: Does care refresh replace a Spark that could not be retrieved, i.e. flew away, under water, etc.?
Only if it can be proven to be a DJI defect...good luck trying to prove it :)

Only if it can be proven to be a DJI defect...good luck trying to prove it :)
Hmm this doesn't seem consistent. The Care Refresh web site says that if you smash your drone into a wall, it will be replaced with new or equivalent. I would think proof of defect would apply to warranty coverage. I can see that you would need to supply the log to prove that it went down in the ocean or similar.

Reactions: OCNYBob
Hmm this doesn't seem consistent. The Care Refresh web site says that if you smash your drone into a wall, it will be replaced with new or equivalent. I would think proof of defect would apply to warranty coverage. I can see that you would need to supply the log to prove that it went down in the ocean or similar.

You'll definitely have a much more swift replacement process if you have the damaged aircraft that you can send in. On the other hand, we've seen plenty of units over the last few months that were not in possession but were able to provide enough supporting documentation and a replacement unit was issued.

I've sent an email to the DJI support (no response yet) but maybe you can answer me on this one :

I'm actually living in the U.S, but by the end of the year I'll back home in France. From what I've understand from the FAQ, DJI care refresh don't support international coverage. I've ordered the care refresh with my spark, and it will be activated here in the US, so it won't cover my drone outside the US right ? Is it possible to buy additional DJI care refresh that cover France ?

Reactions: Advexure
I've sent an email to the DJI support (no response yet) but maybe you can answer me on this one :

I'm actually living in the U.S, but by the end of the year I'll back home in France. From what I've understand from the FAQ, DJI care refresh don't support international coverage. I've ordered the care refresh with my spark, and it will be activated here in the US, so it won't cover my drone outside the US right ? Is it possible to buy additional DJI care refresh that cover France ?

Good question, and we are asked this one quite often as we have many folks from all around the world traveling in or through LA and pick up a drone during their time here. Wherever you buy your DJI product and activate is the country in which your warranty service is available. You buy the drone & care refresh in the US, if you have any warranty issues or pursue a replacement unit with Care Refresh, you are shipping the aircraft to the DJI Service Center in the US (here in California).

You can purchase the Care Refresh for another region however, so you could purchase Care Refresh for Europe.

Please read this below:

DJI Care Refresh only works within one coverage region. However, the coverage region can be different than the region in which the aircraft was purchased. For example, if you purchased your aircraft in China, you can purchase DJI Care Refresh for the US. You can only apply for product warranty service in China, but you can use DJI Care Refresh to replace your product at DJI's official US service center.

Where is DJI Care Refresh available?
DJI Care Refresh is only available to customers from the U.S., Canada, EU countries, the UK, Australia, Hong Kong and Mainland China. DJI Care Refresh can be purchased from your DJI Dealer or through DJI's direct online store.

Reactions: Animal
Good question, and we are asked this one quite often as we have many folks from all around the world traveling in or through LA and pick up a drone during their time here. Wherever you buy your DJI product and activate is the country in which your warranty service is available. You buy the drone & care refresh in the US, if you have any warranty issues or pursue a replacement unit with Care Refresh, you are shipping the aircraft to the DJI Service Center in the US (here in California).

You can purchase the Care Refresh for another region however, so you could purchase Care Refresh for Europe.

Thank you so much, that's what I wanted to know, I'll purchase care refresh for europe then !

Thank you so much, that's what I wanted to know, I'll purchase care refresh for europe then !

No problem. Happy to help! :)

In my mind, this type of insurance is a wager: for $59.00, I'm betting I'll need the coverage. For that same $59.00 DJI is betting I won't.

It's a less expensive bet for me to lose than DJI.

YMMV

Considering the price of the Fly More combo I figured the refresh package was worth it.

Do note though that only the aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers are covered.

So if you drop the controller for example, you are on your own.

I have never purchased the dji care for an inspire 1, phantom 3, mavic pro. Never needed it....but if I was new to drones might be worth the small investment. Would be a definite yes if the controller was covered

Yesterday I got an email that the Spark will be here on June 21st.
Today, I got an email about the DJI Care I ordered for it.
The service is valid for 12 months, starting on 2017/06/17 and ending on 2018/06/16.
My DJI Care will have expired 4 days before the Spark arrives.

True, it's only 4 days...just enough to PI** me off.

I have purchased DJI Care and/or Refresh on all of my drones and it came in handy. The program covers the shipping to and from DJI when your drone needs repairs or replacements. I have sent back a Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro, and an Inspire 1. The Mavic Pro was replaced with a new unit and I was charged $79.00. The Phantom 4 Pro had an issue with the 2nd compass and it replaced with a new unit with no additional charge to me. With the Inspire 1 the back right arm was broken along with the motor after a random bird strike. I got luck as a tree caught the drone and it did not hit the ground. DJI repaired the unit, sent it back with no additional charges to me. The Refresh is different than the Care programs. My Inspire is on the Refresh program and for the price you get $1999 dollars of repair value. DJI deducted 3 hours of labor and 1 arm replacement for a total of $259.00. My balance is now $1740 what will cover any future repairs should I need them.

I have purchased DJI Care and/or Refresh on all of my drones and it came in handy. The program covers the shipping to and from DJI when your drone needs repairs or replacements. I have sent back a Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro, and an Inspire 1. The Mavic Pro was replaced with a new unit and I was charged $79.00. The Phantom 4 Pro had an issue with the 2nd compass and it replaced with a new unit with no additional charge to me. With the Inspire 1 the back right arm was broken along with the motor after a random bird strike. I got luck as a tree caught the drone and it did not hit the ground. DJI repaired the unit, sent it back with no additional charges to me. The Refresh is different than the Care programs. My Inspire is on the Refresh program and for the price you get $1999 dollars of repair value. DJI deducted 3 hours of labor and 1 arm replacement for a total of $259.00. My balance is now $1740 what will cover any future repairs should I need them.

Good feedback and insight for others. Thanks for sharing and safe flying! :cool:

It comes down to the ONLY logical answer............ You get two replacement units that are either NEW or LIKE NEW for $49 and $69 should anything go wrong in that first year........ In my opinion, that's better than spend $499

I didn't realize that DJI Refresh was so cheap, so I didn't get it within the 48 hours. DJI has a program where you take a video and DJI verifiies your drone and will allow you to get Refresh. The problem with the verification video is that they expect you to fly your drone 120M (meters?) up, and 200m (meters?) away. This seems a bit excessive for Spark. The demonstration video that DJI has is an Inspire. I think DJI needs to change their requirements for the Spark. My other question (if someone knows) is can I send in a video before I have to pay for Refresh, then if my drone doesn't pass, I'm not out $59

Up to two crashes are covered. Doesn't have be a defect and can be user error but you do have to send it back so if it's lost......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex