Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Confirms Goggle USe w/Spark...kinda

aviscomi

Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Philadelphia, PA
A DJI forum moderator has finally stated the following in regards to DJI Gogggle use with the Spark:

"Spark will support DJI Goggles very soon, please note our official release, thank you for your support and patience."

Reactions: KNAVE and clackey
I heard that comment too. Don't the goggles already work with the Spark just by plugging them in with the USB connection? I don't understand. I thought they already worked.

I heard that comment too. Don't the goggles already work with the Spark just by plugging them in with the USB connection? I don't understand. I thought they already worked.
Well they (DJI) led us to believe that the goggles would work on day 1. There's at least 3 promo videos that show users flying with goggles.

This forum will get interesting when people start getting their Fly More packages over the next few days and plug in the goggles and find out they don't work. I know the Spark website fine print has said "capability coming soon" but I agree they have slightly misled people with their advertising.

I know that I cancelled my order for the goggles until I see others using them and confirm they are working. I thought they worked from day one.

I did fly the Spark with my Shield and connected the goggles via HDMI, but with a range of 300 feet it wasn't very thrilling

iPhonedo just demostrated the Spark w/ Remote and DJI goggles connected through the USB port. It provided a video image and the goggle interface, but he said that head tracking is not yet supported. Perhaps this is what DJI meant by compatibility coming soon. I actually don't use the head tracking much and prefer to just have the standard FPV view, so that future update isn't that important to me.

However, I am excited that it seems like the Spark and goggles are compatible day one for the basic FPV view. That is all I really want.

I got it, tried to connect, got a video image in the goggles for about 5 seconds, then freeze frame. Tired of fiddling with "power this on, then that, then connect this using wifi to that, then just plug in the goggles and magic happens". Yet to see a Detailed Step By Step instruction video by any of the you tubers reviewing this claim. (iPhone 7+, firmwares updated, blah-blah-blah...tried it all and I'm no newbie_BTW, Mavic Pro connects just fine) Firmware is Where? :cool:

I did fly the Spark with my Shield and connected the goggles via HDMI, but with a range of 300 feet it wasn't very thrilling

I'm a little confused.. I'm sure that I read somewhere here that your Spark is good for at least 1500 feet with good video? I use a Shield with my Mavic and it has no effect upon the video range as it's merely displaying the tablet screen image, I use Headplays and a different pair of goggles with my Shield and Mavic.

When you say 300 feet here, is that how far you get a decent video image not 1500 feet?

I'm a little confused.. I'm sure that I read somewhere here that your Spark is good for at least 1500 feet with good video? I use a Shield with my Mavic and it has no effect upon the video range as it's merely displaying the tablet screen image, I use Headplays and a different pair of goggles with my Shield and Mavic.

When you say 300 feet here, is that how far you get a decent video image not 1500 feet?
I am confused too, unless Aviscomi was using just the shield with no remote. I don't see why the video range using goggles would be any different from using a phone or tablet. As you said it is just displaying the video image that is being pulled from the remote.

I am confused too, unless Aviscomi was using just the shield with no remote. I don't see why the video range using goggles would be any different from using a phone or tablet. As you said it is just displaying the video image that is being pulled from the remote.
Exactly, I have 2 Sparks. At the time of my post I only had the basic Spark (no remote), thus range was limited.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef