Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 App disappeared from Google Store

Well, this is a forum, so people can contribute what they want, I dont think he was being disrespectful. I have both Android and iOS, each has its strengths. At the end of the day, for DJI stuff, I think iOS is more stable, but thats a lot like digging up the Windows/Mac debate too... its opinion.
DJI choose Android for his smart controller for good reasons. If Android is not stabile DJI will not have released a smart controller with Android on it. No dude, the time for Android vs iOS or MAC vs PC is over... If you have iOS and you are happy with it the fine, the same for Android or any other system / OS. But telling others he are happy to be on iOS in a Thread 100% Android topic is helpless.

DJI choose Android for his smart controller for good reasons. If Android is not stabile DJI will not have released a smart controller with Android on it. No dude, the time for Android vs iOS or MAC vs PC is over... If you have iOS and you are happy with it the fine, the same for Android or any other system / OS. But telling others he are happy to be on iOS in a Thread 100% Android topic is helpless.
Sure its all opinion. The person in question who made the comment also has both, and was simply stating that he is glad he is using iOS for Go4, out of relief, we have discussed this offline. Sometimes what you read does not convey all the meaning. Have a great day.

Reactions: Haggi
OK today I got a message from the board staff:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your actions in this message (DJI GO 4 App disappeared from Google Store) are not appropriate:

graywoulf said:

I'm glad I have an iPad Mini 4 and not dependent on the Android version.
How sweet, the good man has an iDevice and is so terribly proud that he has to tell everyone. ?
We cannot allow users to be abusive, overly aggressive, threatening, or to "troll". This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote back: lol iOS users can troll as hell, sure. No problem, I am out here. Bye.

So bye guys...

Reactions: Andre Levite
You realize the Apple iOS version gets updated occasionally too, right? :p

When the iOS version of DJI Go gets updated it doesn't first disappear from the App Store for a few days. It just quietly gets a new version number.

It's the repeated disappearance from the Google Play Store prior to updates that freaks out a small group of Android users.

Usually it's just "bug fixes and performance improvements". It's become quite entertaining tho

Gosh, really? ? iOS still is more stable with the Spark and GO4 than any Android OS device as far as I know.

That is, of course, your opinion based on either your own personal experience, or - more accurately since you stated 'as far as I know' - perhaps what you read on forums. I've personally had no issues with the app on Android aside from trying to run it on a sketchy Chinese Android tablet. But that was an issue with the non-standard implementation of Android by the manufacturer of the device, not a reflection of the OS itself.

Besides this thread started with a concern the App disappeared from the Google Play Store, not whether it was stable or not. :p :)

Reactions: prisha
Well then, "nuff said". Signing out.

That is, of course, your opinion based on either your own personal experience, or - more accurately since you stated 'as far as I know' - perhaps what you read on forums. I've personally had no issues with the app on Android aside from trying to run it on a sketchy Chinese Android tablet. But that was an issue with the non-standard implementation of Android by the manufacturer of the device, not a reflection of the OS itself.

Besides this thread started with a concern the App disappeared from the Google Play Store, not whether it was stable or not. :p :)

Since you have completed the hijacking of this thread I feel it's worthwhile to respond.

There are so many ways to interpret the term "stability" it is very difficult to compare. But looking on the longest view over time the DJI Go 4 app using iOS is compatible all the way back to iPhone 5S from Sept 2013. The almost 6 year old iPhone can run the iOS 12 update released just 3 weeks ago!

Show me a six year old Android phone that can run today's OS and DJI Go 4 and I'll reconsider.

Well just because this thread has gone totally off course and the iOS vs Android/ Mac vs Windows debate has been started again, let me just chip in with my 2 cents. No trolling, just facts.

DJI Spark + 2 extra batteries + DJI portable charging station = $700
My HP Laptop (where I edit my videos) = $400
Moto E4 Plus Android Smartphone = $145
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL = $1245
vs
Price of the latest iPhone ~$1200

Choose wisely. ;)

Reactions: prisha
Well just because this thread has gone totally off course and the iOS vs Android/ Mac vs Windows debate has been started again, let me just chip in with my 2 cents. No trolling, just facts.

DJI Spark + 2 extra batteries + DJI portable charging station = $700
My HP Laptop (where I edit my videos) = $400
Moto E4 Plus Android Smartphone = $145
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL = $1245
vs
Price of the latest iPhone ~$1200

Choose wisely. ;)

Price is irrelevant. I want the best.

It needs to work. It needs to perform. That's why I chose Apple.

• Haha
Reactions: nilanjan118
Since you have completed the hijacking of this thread I feel it's worthwhile to respond.

There are so many ways to interpret the term "stability" it is very difficult to compare. But looking on the longest view over time the DJI Go 4 app using iOS is compatible all the way back to iPhone 5S from Sept 2013. The almost 6 year old iPhone can run the iOS 12 update released just 3 weeks ago!

Show me a six year old Android phone that can run today's OS and DJI Go 4 and I'll reconsider.
What has been yesterday does not interest anyone, what counts is today. Fact based on app store rates is users of iOS are more dissatisfied with the app than Android users.

Apple store rates : 2.9, 4.3K Ratings
Google store rates: 3.1, 42,1K Ratings

Second fact DJI has chosen Android as the operating system for their new SmartController. So DJI and most DJI pilots on world seems to prefer Android. It is a myth long past that iOS is better or more stable. You can accept or deny these facts.

Reactions: nilanjan118

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme