Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go 4 update - 4.2.4 update on both IOS and Android

Reactions: Sparkster
So iOS has 4.2.4 out. People on the DJI forum says that OTG is back working with that version. Haven’t tried it myself yet.
Just checked on the DJI site and the latest version showing Is V 4.1.22. This has issues with OTG on Spark and also on ability to download maps for offline use. Hope the fix this soon as I can't use maps when flying untill this is fixed. Also they need to support this for CrystalSky It is after all their flagship monitor for their quads.

The heck is mapbox I'm seeing in flight log? Was it there before or was it "here maps"?

Everything works great on IOS!:) I've updated on both iPhone and iPad 2017. Going to find a way to backup this version just in case:D

Everything works great on IOS!:) I've updated on both iPhone and iPad 2017. Going to find a way to backup this version just in case:D

Same Here, on an iPad mini 2 with otg and everything went smoothless. FCC mode that is, CE was terrible

Quick update:

I spent the majority of the day flight testing the Spark and Mavic Pro Platinum on my iPad Pro 10.5 on iOS 11.2.2. With GO4 version 4.2.4.

The Mavic Pro Platinum flies perfect so far. Zero issues to report and range seems to be the same (I’ll test this better this weekend).

Now on the Spark: OTG works perfectly. All data is present and all settings stick, including RTH settings (the previous 4.1.20/22 had issues with OTG where some settings couldn’t be changed without exciting, connecting VIA WiFi, change the settings and then reconnect VIA OTG and RTH was one of those settings that wouldn’t show the correct settings for).

No app crashes for either A/C and all runs smoothly.

However, there is one issue that is baffling me with my Spark that I hadn’t seen previous to this update. Whenever I take a photo, in single shot mode, it takes two pictures in a burst. I cannot get it to not take two shots. They aren’t duplicates either, it is a two-shot burst. Now, this isn’t a huge deal because I always have plenty of room on my Spark‘s SD card, but it is mildly annoying.

Anybody else experience the above?

Not noticed this but will test later...same setup as you but ipad mini 2 instead
So glad OTG working...what was image like onscreen....??
Flew wifi to remote last night and really great 200m out and 70m high...
Still have issues caching maps in ios though ..any suggestions on that when no internet at all ...really want to be able to have offline maps predownloaded
Cheers
Craig

Not noticed this but will test later...same setup as you but ipad mini 2 instead
So glad OTG working...what was image like onscreen....??
Flew wifi to remote last night and really great 200m out and 70m high...
Still have issues caching maps in ios though ..any suggestions on that when no internet at all ...really want to be able to have offline maps predownloaded
Cheers
Craig

On-screen the image was perfect once the correct WiFi channel was selected. I noticed the first flight a really congested 5.8ghz channel was auto-selected and the video feed was low-quality, but there were no drop-outs and no stutters/lag. I brought the Spark back in and shut everything down and brought everything back up again and it properly selected a less-congested 5.8ghz channel for the RC to AC connection. After that, I burned through 8 batteries flight-testing the Spark and didn’t have the issue again. Video feed was solid and smooth as butter with OTG and the correct WiFi channel selected.

As for map caching, I just have to remember to bring the Go 4 app up before I leave the house and pre-cache the area I want to fly in. If I forget, I have to do it in the field with my phone’s hotspot.

Thats great but 2 questions if you pre cache before leaving and not exit app do you turn off ipad or leave it still running until you start to fly...
Also do you select channel manually or leave on Auto...

Just seeing what others do ...Thanks

Thats great but 2 questions if you pre cache before leaving and not exit app do you turn off ipad or leave it still running until you start to fly...
Also do you select channel manually or leave on Auto...

Just seeing what others do ...Thanks

I pre-cache and leave the app running. I don’t totally shut down the iPad. When I get to my destination, I bring the app up and the cached maps are still available. You just can’t close the app in transit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schmidtrobert