Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go 4 update - 4.2.4 update on both IOS and Android

I was coming here to ask this very question. I can confirm 100% that ios in airplane mode flew without a hitch yesterday with OTG on this firmware. I have a second device that is android I may go ahead and install it and give it a try as well.
No issues with new version, otg works, using Samsung S8 active
New Zealand - we are often crash test dummies lol. (So it's late on the 24th here)

Reactions: VenomousSVT
If OTG for android has not been added in this latest update then I don't think it ever will be. Probably time to get it out of our minds or never be happy with the drone we have.

Reactions: dji_lando
For what it is worth: Play Store only shows 4.1.22 on my Samsung S4. Play Store shows 4.2.4 on my S8. Will download 4.2.4 to S8 and try this weekend.

well... this is crap. I went out, got the spark booted and connected to the transmitter, got my mount on my transmitter, put my android phone on the mount plugged my cable into the transmitter and then realized this phone is not micro usb its usb c... I dont have a usb c cable to test it out.. let me try to find another phone and I'll give it a shot again..LOL

Edit~ almost forgot.. I did plug up my iPhone in airplane mode and took a couple screenshot of it connected and reading battery info.

Last edited:
Totally unrelated question but first
Yes my ipad mini 2 OTG works great ...no issues ...telemerty all good..
Question is i have a Galaxy note 5 phone aswell ...is there any reason i cant connect and fly one day with the ipad and then put that away and use my note 5 phone instead...
Although i am coming to the realisation that ios seems more suited and stable with dji gear every day...
I would just like to have the option of one or the other...
Is there settings that will change or does the spark just load its settings into what ever device it sees connected
Cheers

Totally unrelated question but first
Yes my ipad mini 2 OTG works great ...no issues ...telemerty all good..
Question is i have a Galaxy note 5 phone aswell ...is there any reason i cant connect and fly one day with the ipad and then put that away and use my note 5 phone instead...
Although i am coming to the realisation that ios seems more suited and stable with dji gear every day...
I would just like to have the option of one or the other...
Is there settings that will change or does the spark just load its settings into what ever device it sees connected
Cheers
The phone is just a control panel, you could use different ones every day..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast