Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go 4 VS Litchi

With my Mavic and Android, sometimes when flying waypoints the video feed is way behind where the drone actually is. The videos made with it are phenomenal, but I don't see why it should lag so much when Go 4 doesn't with that machine. If I can get Litchi to work with the Spark I'll use it a lot with Waypoints and deal with the lag to get those great videos.

My biggest problem now is that without OTG I can't even try it on the Spark - that's the only way I can connect my Android to the RC. If I have to use wifi I use my work iphone - and since they are different accounts and services (verizon vs at&t) I'd have to pay for Litchi again.

Not sure why you can't connect to your android through wifi. Doe your Android device not have wifi capability? If it does, it should connect to your RC without the need to have any data plan.

If you want the mapview to display the map, what you need to do is cache your map data. To do this on an android device is when you are at home or wherever you have access to wifi, connect to the RC using the Spark wifi, open the DJI GO app and select the Go Fly. Once your in the app, disconnect from the TC Spark wifi and connect to your home wifi (don't exit the DJI Go app). Go back to the DJI Go app and enter the map view and start zooming in and out of the area of interest that you intend to fly. What this does is cache the area of the map that you're zooming in and out from.

Once your done with caching the area of interest. Go back and connect to the Spark RC WIFI connection. Now even if you close and reopen the DJI Go app, you should see and access the areas of the map that you were zooming in and out from without the need for cellular or wifi data connectivity.

Hopefully this helps.

I have never been able to get the Spark to connect with wifi using my Samsung Note 4. I was not able to scan and register it the first day either. I ended up using my iphone and it has worked perfectly since the first time. I have used a Samsung Galaxy S7 and it worked fine too, just something with the Note 4 is not right on wifi. (OTG works ok with the Note 4 though)

I have never been able to get the Spark to connect with wifi using my Samsung Note 4. I was not able to scan and register it the first day either. I ended up using my iphone and it has worked perfectly since the first time. I have used a Samsung Galaxy S7 and it worked fine too, just something with the Note 4 is not right on wifi. (OTG works ok with the Note 4 though)

Sorry about that. I obviously totally misunderstood your concerns.

Reactions: mp43sniper
Hi,
Are you using Litchi on Android? I just tried the latest (paid versionof) Litchi on my iPhone 7+ using the tracking and it went crazy out of control.
Yes, Android. I did Litchi to crash while using an OTG cable, but otherwise, it's been fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar