Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI goggles?

I believe this is true on the Mavic, but if you look at the user guide for the Spark RC, the device connects to the controller via Wi-Fi. There is no USB port on the Spark RC.

Spark – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads
The RC for the spark does in fact have a micro USB on the bottom. It is underneath the clamps for your device. You can also buy an OTG(on-the-go) cable, which eliminates the wifi connection.

This might be a stupid question, but if I'm using goggles to fly FPV, how can I be sure to maintain the LOS rule? There is the obvious, that goggles obstruct ALL of my view, of everything. If LOS rule just means there can be no obstructions between you and the drone but you don't literally have to be able to see the drone, is it okay to fly out of sight due to distance alone?
With the goggles, I can almost guarantee I will lose LOS from trees, houses, distance, etc.

if I'm using goggles to fly FPV, how can I be sure to maintain the LOS rule?
In many countries, you must maintain VLOS. That means you can see the drone with your unaided eyes. As soon as you cover your eyes with goggles, you're no longer maintaining VLOS.

This might be a stupid question, but if I'm using goggles to fly FPV, how can I be sure to maintain the LOS rule? There is the obvious, that goggles obstruct ALL of my view, of everything. If LOS rule just means there can be no obstructions between you and the drone but you don't literally have to be able to see the drone, is it okay to fly out of sight due to distance alone?
With the goggles, I can almost guarantee I will lose LOS from trees, houses, distance, etc.
My interpretation of the law was that if you are using goggles, you need a spotter who can maintain VLOS and be in constant contact with you, i.e., standing next to you. He or she could then tell you as conditions change.

With drones that reach a mile or more away, I wonder how often the VLOS rule is broken.... I'm guessing a lot.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

My interpretation of the law was that if you are using goggles, you need a spotter who can maintain VLOS and be in constant contact with you, i.e., standing next to you. He or she could then tell you as conditions change.
That's true if you're flying in the US under FAA Part 107. When flying as a hobbyist, the pilot must maintain VLOS.

That's true if you're flying in the US under FAA Part 107. When flying as a hobbyist, the pilot must maintain VLOS.

For someone in his 60s seeing a golf ball after its hit from the tee is an issue. So VLOS with Tony Spark is kinda an issue after 200 feet out. If I take my eyes of it then it's back to freaking out with heart palpitations and anxiety attacks.

Drones are so fun!

Anyone purchase the goggles?

I bought a pair along with my Spark about two months ago. Used them for the first time today. Here is what I found: 1) The view was incredible. Seeing "myself" float above the trees was just amazing. 2) The image was laggy. When rotating, the image was choppy. When standing still, the image would catch up, and the view was amazing. Used the OTG cable attached to the controller.

Reactions: Squirrel392
After thinking about it for a while, I bought the goggles today, and frankly, I was blown away by the improved view. It provided a spectacular picture and had very little lag (maybe 1/3 of a second) between RC input and corresponding response, as observed on the goggles.
Flying while wearing the goggles isn't an option for me because: 1. It is illegal where I live. 2. I want to actually SEE where the drone is, with those 4 sharp props, spinning about 3 zillion rpm.(I'm still healing from my last encounter with those props.)
The goggles are fantastic, but I am not sure they provide a benefit that justifies the price. I wonder if my money would have been better spent on a Crystal Sky display that would hopefully, improve the piloting experience with the Spark.

The goggles went back for a refund and I got a better cell phone that mostly solved my video lag problem. The goggles seemed to have a bad connection between the headband and the flip-up display. The battery is in the headband, so the reliability of that connection is pretty important. It would cause the goggles to reset and totally loose the connection with the drone.

My old phone was a LG Rebel ($49 at WalMart). The new phone is a LG Stylo 3 ($129 at WalMart). The difference in video transmission quality is pretty dramatic, so I believe I have found a long-term viewing option.

Hi guys, I'm new to the Spark but absolutely loving it, it's all about having fun. I used a mates set of Goggles RE the other day and was blown away with the clarity. I've been using FPV on analogue systems for a few years and have always been left wanting. With the DJI Goggles there is nothing left to want (other than slightly less lag). So now I looking at getting myself a set but can't afford the RE (like me mate) so am looking at the regular Goggles.

Before I pull the pin on a set og regular goggles I just want to check that they will deliver the same performance as the RE. I don't need analogue features and colour does not bother me, my main concern is the lag.

I understand that RE have a lower latency than the normal goggles but is that just because of the wireless OccuSync 2 that they use? With the Spark the goggles need to plug into the controller anyway (which I have no problems with) does that mean either set of goggles will have the same latency? Will I get same performance from regular goggles as RE goggles when used with Spark (or Mavic Air) because they receive signal via controller not directly?

Thanks in advance for your advice and wisdom. :)

Jas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex