Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI How small...?

RaWine

Join
Oct 25, 2017
Curious. How small could DJI make a good camera drone?

It would have to be stable at reasonable winds -- but just wondering.

Even though battery life is major issue with many, and it's less than ideal to have less, I don't find it anything but inconvenient to land mine, pop and in a new battery and send it back up.

Just to have the smallest possible GOOD camera drone might be worth a 10 minute battery to me.

Lots of times, when you know exactly what you want to do you can get much done in a short time, if you have to. I think I could do a lot just with waypoints, even if it didn't offer anything else.

Was that pre-Spark design? Looks like it is either out of stock or discontinued.

Also, I think I would desire at least the same two axis gimbal for video. Doesn't look like it has that from the picture.

No, it is a brand new design recently shown. It is not yet available as it shows out of stock. It is an alternative to the cheaper drones but it has a lot of features. It is not really a "camera" drone, but you asked how small. :)

Curious. How small could DJI make a good camera drone?

It would have to be stable at reasonable winds -- but just wondering.

Even though battery life is major issue with many, and it's less than ideal to have less, I don't find it anything but inconvenient to land mine, pop and in a new battery and send it back up.

Just to have the smallest possible GOOD camera drone might be worth a 10 minute battery to me.

Lots of times, when you know exactly what you want to do you can get much done in a short time, if you have to. I think I could do a lot just with waypoints, even if it didn't offer anything else.
Unless DJI decides to go downmarket, the drone you describe IS the Spark. They're filling their mid-marked with the Mavic Air and all indications are they'll continue to innovate on the Mavic platform. But I don't have any inside info. There are smaller drones of course, but I don't think any that pass the "reasonable wind" test. Good luck!

Unless DJI decides to go downmarket, the drone you describe IS the Spark. They're filling their mid-marked with the Mavic Air and all indications are they'll continue to innovate on the Mavic platform. But I don't have any inside info. There are smaller drones of course, but I don't think any that pass the "reasonable wind" test. Good luck!

I suppose, but don't know, the alternative to drone stability is even more camera stability. Not sure how much better technology could address that, but could also be cost prohibitive.

Was that pre-Spark design? Looks like it is either out of stock or discontinued.
It's actually a drone created by Ryze Tech. While the camera was not created by DJI, it does contain a DJI flight controller.

the TELLO drone pictured above is actually a bit more than a gop. of interesting for sure is a 5 megapixel cam and in addition to the barometric sensor there is also the vision position that we find on the spark. honestly I wanted to take, but at the end the cost is very high considering that nn has neither radio nor gps in fact the price exceeds 100 usd and I with that figure I took jjrc x3 with gps glonass cam in full hd ..and flies really well..if it cost no more than 50 usd it was the top !!

It's actually a drone created by Ryze Tech. While the camera was not created by DJI, it does contain a DJI flight controller.

That's actually pretty close because of the tech it has. But unfortunately not quite there for usability as a camera drone.

I kind of wish they would think like the phone people did. The highest quality phones aim to be the perfect size and often the highest priced models. That means get all their highest tech into something as small as the Spark or smaller. That's where their top of the line should be.
Or at least they should have a top model in that size. IMO.

If they can't do that because some reasons of stability that would be one thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf