Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark antenna boosters do they work?

nissan6341

Join
Nov 30, 2018
Wanting to know if the DJI Spark antenna boosters really work, and are they worth it. Looking at the picture with them mounted on the remote kind of looks a bit bulky and I don't know if I can use my polar Pro phone mount. I know the control already has a phone holder but I just like this one better?

I use the parabolic boosters on almost every flight. Occasionally I forget to install them and notice a big difference when they're off. They really improve control at farther ranges and video quality is less flaky too.

I use the phone/tablet mount like you describe without a problem. They fit just right in space below the phone and give free access to the joysticks.

You really can't go wrong for just $8. Lol...
DJI Spark Signal Booster

The remote control antenna is highly directional and this simple design concentrates the signal right where it counts.

Reactions: DanGeRousRon
[...]
The remote control antenna is highly directional and this simple design concentrates the signal right where it counts.

Yeah, that's sort of both the pro and the con, be sure to stay pointed in the right direction for sure.

I have a set, I don't use them regularly because I'm not regularly flying very far from my location, but occasionally I'll fly along this miles long abandoned pier and I can definitely get further with the reflectors. And the video definitely stays more stable a lot longer, there's less of an in-between area from when the video starts to go and to where connection gets lost.

They definitely extend the normal range limit of the remote, but only if you point directly in line and angle of the drone. Furthest I've gotten with parabolic range extender dish and OTG cable to Android device was 14,588 ft out (2.8miles) or over 5.5 miles round trip. Here is link to video of screen recorder (not great quality, but includes all the telematics). I used Sunnylife parabolic range extender dish.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
Reactions: CARELESS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef