Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark discontinued

Love my spark.
At one point I decided to get the Mavic Zoom (Longer flight time, better camera, add your own justification here) but decided I was happy with the Spark. The flight time is long enough for what I need and when changing batteries I think about a different flight path / angle for my photos or video.

And the dollar difference came into play also!

It appears DJI has (unofficially) discontinued the DJI Spark when it was removed from the DJI Store this morning. Only Spark accessories remain in the Spark Series section of the DJI Store.

While currently out of stock, the refurbished Spark and Spark Fly More Combos are still listed on DJI's refurbished products page.
Drone DJ reports that the items are showing as out of stock in the USA online store, but I’m also seeing many of them listed as out of stock in the UK store, too. According to Drone DJ, the following drones and packages are listed as out of stock in the USA.
  • DJI Spark Controller Combo – Alpine White
  • DJI Spark Fly More Combo – Alpine White
  • DJI Spark Controller Combo – Lava Red
  • DJI Spark Fly More Combo – Lava Red
  • DJI Mavic Air Arctic White
  • DJI Mavic Air Onyx Black
  • DJI Mavic Air Flame Red
  • DJI Mavic 2 Pro
  • DJI Mavic 2 Pro & DJI Goggles RE
  • DJI Mavic 2 Zoom & DJI Goggles RE
  • DJI Phantom 4 Advanced
  • DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
  • DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 & DJI Goggles RE
  • DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0
  • DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 & DJI Goggles RE
  • DJI Inspire 2 Professional
  • DJI Inspire 2 Premium
Is it the US /China Trade war?
It’s possible that there could be an issue in the DJI supply chain for components common to all of their models. But I think replacement models being announced is a more likely scenario. DJI is working on adding helicopter and airplane detection to its drones from all models released after January 1st 2020. That’s only 3 months away, so it makes sense that DJI is redesigning their entire lineup to include this as soon as possible.

You got 4 batteries? Dang. I still only have the 1 battery that came with my spark. I also don’t even have the controller still because I just got my drone like a month ago.

6 here :) When I go to the park to fly, I fly all day and come come when my thumbs are tired. You need around 5-6 batteries to fly continuously (considering a few minutes to swap etc) I have an 18 AH "alarm panel' SLA battery and three dual-12v chargers I take with me to keep recharging the batteries while I fly.

(also remember batteries can't start charging immediately when you swap, they need to cool, also they may need to cool after charging too before you can fly with them)

But batteries, like props, are a "consumables", and DJI will continue to make them for quite some time even if the spark is removed from sale. And while DJI may be our only source for spark batteries for awhile, aftermarket props have been available for some time now. (I'd like to see someone make quiet spark props like what's available for the mavic)

You got 4 batteries? Dang. I still only have the 1 battery that came with my spark. I also don’t even have the controller still because I just got my drone like a month ago.
Geez, my stomach just got tight and upset when I read, no controller and 1 battery......wait, just took a Rolaid....I'm feeling better now... man, get yourself a controller and another battery and enjoy that Spark.... I love flying mine... it does 360 turns in .3 nanosecond.....

It had a good run...what now ? ;-)
sell the thing... there no good drones... mine sucks bad connection to the video feed choppy at times.. even with otg... i went and bought and fixed up an old phantom 3 pro gunna fly it soon has better video transmission... then pick up a mavic when i can afford one

Geez, my stomach just got tight and upset when I read, no controller and 1 battery......wait, just took a Rolaid....I'm feeling better now... man, get yourself a controller and another battery and enjoy that Spark.... I love flying mine... it does 360 turns in .3 nanosecond.....
Money is the one answer I could give you. I was slick to even get it for $175. Just have to wait for some stuff to sell on eBay and then I could get the controller.

my guess is a sub 250g Spark which should not be difficult. Including their new Aeroscope system.
It could take the same battery and controller.
GUESS ONLY.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex