Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Capitan Bastos

Join
Jul 14, 2017

The Frogner Park is outside the no fly zone.
I spent the day there with my daughter, spoke Chinese and we also brought the DJI Spark.
Apparently after the last firmware update, I should be able to shoot 4K in quick shot mode, I haven't tried it yet, have any of you?

What make you thinking you can now use 4k ?

Reactions: Capitan Bastos
What make you thinking you can now use 4k ?
It said so in a firmware update:

Overview
  • Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.0500
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.0300
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS:V 4.1.4
  • DJI GO 4 App Android:V 4.1.4

What’s New
  • Improved photo resolution to 4K in Gesture and ActiveTrack modes.
  • Added a new gesture for video recording.
  • Added an option to adjust gimbal tilt sensitivity.
  • Added a 180° Pano shooting mode.
  • The aircraft will descend to a height of 1.5 m while flying below 4.5 m or descend 3 m while flying above 4.5 m if no subject is detected for more than one minute in Gesture mode.
  • Improved overall gesture recognition and reduced the probability of falsely recognizing the selfie gesture. The wave gesture is now disabled by default while flying indoors or where the GPS signal is weak to ensure safety. The wave gesture can be enabled in both situations by adjusting settings in DJI GO 4.
  • Fixed an issue where photos failed to save and the shutter sound would not be made while taking photos in Gesture mode.
  • The aircraft will now exit QuickShot automatically when a control stick is pulled opposite to the direction of flight. Flight distances for QuickShots can now be set in DJI GO 4, with greater maximum flight distances while using the remote controller. Also, flight directions for Circle and Helix can now be adjusted in DJI GO 4.
  • Fixed an issue where the aircraft didn’t ascend high enough with the Dronie QuickShot and optimized Rocket.
  • Optimized the FPV gimbal mode in Sport mode to keep the gimbal from reaching its endpoint.
  • Fixed issue where the remote controller would occasionally disconnect from the aircraft.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the remote controller couldn’t be turned off.
  • Improved aircraft and remote controller responsiveness.
  • Optimized battery level calculation.
I was mad tired when I read that, maybe it´s just for photographs?

It said so in a firmware update:

Overview
  • Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.0500
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.0300
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS:V 4.1.4
  • DJI GO 4 App Android:V 4.1.4

What’s New
  • Improved photo resolution to 4K in Gesture and ActiveTrack modes.
  • Added a new gesture for video recording.
  • Added an option to adjust gimbal tilt sensitivity.
  • Added a 180° Pano shooting mode.
  • The aircraft will descend to a height of 1.5 m while flying below 4.5 m or descend 3 m while flying above 4.5 m if no subject is detected for more than one minute in Gesture mode.
  • Improved overall gesture recognition and reduced the probability of falsely recognizing the selfie gesture. The wave gesture is now disabled by default while flying indoors or where the GPS signal is weak to ensure safety. The wave gesture can be enabled in both situations by adjusting settings in DJI GO 4.
  • Fixed an issue where photos failed to save and the shutter sound would not be made while taking photos in Gesture mode.
  • The aircraft will now exit QuickShot automatically when a control stick is pulled opposite to the direction of flight. Flight distances for QuickShots can now be set in DJI GO 4, with greater maximum flight distances while using the remote controller. Also, flight directions for Circle and Helix can now be adjusted in DJI GO 4.
  • Fixed an issue where the aircraft didn’t ascend high enough with the Dronie QuickShot and optimized Rocket.
  • Optimized the FPV gimbal mode in Sport mode to keep the gimbal from reaching its endpoint.
  • Fixed issue where the remote controller would occasionally disconnect from the aircraft.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the remote controller couldn’t be turned off.
  • Improved aircraft and remote controller responsiveness.
  • Optimized battery level calculation.
I was mad tired when I read that, maybe it´s just for photographs?
The pictures are from beginning 12MP, the full resolution of the sensor, but it was not the case for the selfie taken in gesture mode or picture taken in active track.
They mixed a little video and photo mode, but this can be explained as this is related to the pictures taken during gesture and active track mode. In this mode, the Spark is in video mode to track you. In older version, they make it easy, they just grad a frame from the video stream and says here is the picture. It was low quality and not the full 12MP resolution. In version .0500 they improved the way to get picture in this mode and most probably they pause the video, take a real picture and restart video again to continue tracking subject. Formally they should have written "Improved photo resolution to 12MP in Gesture and ActiveTrack modes.", which is the normal picture size.

Reactions: Capitan Bastos
The pictures are from beginning 12MP, the full resolution of the sensor, but it was not the case for the selfie taken in gesture mode or picture taken in active track.
They mixed a little video and photo mode, but this can be explained as this is related to the pictures taken during gesture and active track mode. In this mode, the Spark is in video mode to track you. In older version, they make it easy, they just grad a frame from the video stream and says here is the picture. It was low quality and not the full 12MP resolution. In version .0500 they improved the way to get picture in this mode and most probably they pause the video, take a real picture and restart video again to continue tracking subject. Formally they should have written "Improved photo resolution to 12MP in Gesture and ActiveTrack modes.", which is the normal picture size.
Thank you for clarifying that. I haven't tried looking for it yet, but you just saved me some disappointment. One thing about the spark though, I do fly a lot more drone now. The Phantom is a hassle to drag around. If I knew what I know now though, I probably would have the Mavic.

Thank you for clarifying that. I haven't tried looking for it yet, but you just saved me some disappointment. One thing about the spark though, I do fly a lot more drone now. The Phantom is a hassle to drag around. If I knew what I know now though, I probably would have the Mavic.
I know what you mean about the Phantom.
All is matter of balance between portability and performance to meet your need.

I know what you mean about the Phantom.
All is matter of balance between portability and performance to meet your need.
I travelled with the phantom to Berlin, that was a headache lol. Only got to use it one day and it´s very limited where you can actually fly in Berlin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme