Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dji Spark noob

ramphalvishal

Join
Jul 20, 2020
Hi all, hope you're well and safe during the lock down and covid crisis. I just acquired a Spark, having upgraded from A tello. So I have noticed that this drone doesn't seem to fly perfectly straight... I have calibrated the compass and the other sensor but still it seems to fly towards the right.... Any advice?

Reactions: Bonecrusher
Calibrate the remote control unit...

Since my Spark has flown flawless since I purchased it, I never had to recalibrate the remote.

Thanks for showing the ability to do it .

Hopefully it will help resolve the issue that ramphalvishal is having.

By the way, welcome to the Forum ramphalvishal.

I learn something new everyday. ?

Last edited:
Hi all, hope you're well and safe during the lock down and covid crisis. I just acquired a Spark, having upgraded from A tello. So I have noticed that this drone doesn't seem to fly perfectly straight... I have calibrated the compass and the other sensor but still it seems to fly towards the right.... Any advice?
Welcome to the forum and to the Spark. Give your sticks a cal as suggested and if still a no-go try the IMU and a (slow) compass cal again. Try testing in windless conditions. Good luck!

Reactions: sithlordrmf
The guy in that video may want to try "pinching" the sticks instead of "thumbing" them. I noticed he had difficulty near the end calibrating the right stick. :) You can get more accuracy pinching.

Reactions: Spark 317
I am a new SPARK pilot, too. And I also felt that the SPARK is slightly drifting to one side when it should go straight ahead.
BUT - it is my fault: the sticks of the RC react very sensitive and I was not 100% exactly pushing forward - I was slightly out of the line.
After exercising to be precise on several flights I am now able to fly quite faultless.
My advice to practise: Switch to "tripod mode" and fly through obstacles, like I did here:

You will learn, what the SPARK sees and you will learn to steer precisely. I flew just 2-3 feet over ground, so in case of an accident the spark would fall from a low height onto soft ground. Propguards prevent propeller damage!

Off topic: Playing children (just kids of one special family) have left an incredible amount of garbage in this small piece of forest over time. ? Parents don't care ... ?

Last edited:
Nice "walk" through the woods.

Before you know it, you could be blasting through the trees like an FPV racer. ;)

Thanks for sharing.

Give your pup a pat on the head for me and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

when you calibrate the controller it does not do the whole task in one part, it does it in sections....so it does the top part, then you exit and enter back into the calibration , then it does the right side, exit out and enter back in and it does the bottom and the same process for the left.

Reactions: ramphalvishal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme