Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dji Spark OTG cable

stanzhang

Join
Nov 23, 2017
Hello, I recently bought an OTG cable for my DJI spark but each time when I plugged it in, it resets my buttons settings and my height, max distance...
Is there any way to fix that, it seems like the app isn't memorizing our preferences when it is offline.
And is it normal that I can't see the signal between the drone and the controller while connected with an OTG cable? I have no way to know if I am about to lose signal or not.
My settings: Iphone7+, the latest version of DJIGO4, using a DJI spark.

The settings will reset each time you use the cable. It just takes a couple of seconds to set before flight so no big deal. Since you are connected via cable, you won't see the WiFi signal icon.
It's just the little things you have to get used to when using the cable since it's "not supported" by DJI / Apple.
I fly with a Mini4 and used the cable at first but I haven't had any problems with connecting via WiFi lately so the cable stays in the bag just in case I decide to use it.
The constant plugging and unplugging at the controller concerns me that I might break it and then I won't be able to charge the controller.

Reactions: stanzhang
Yes..it looks like DJI are slowly(after each update of Go4 app) removing functionality when using the OTG cable, that's why I don't bother with it anymore, wifi works just fine with iOS products at least.

Reactions: l41w
I stopped using the OTG until DJI officially supports it. Just too many hassles.

Reactions: Zoran
I was just looking for an OTG cable and decided to gather some information in here. After reading the posts, I will not bother with it anymore. At least not until DJI supports it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar