Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI SPARK Remote

MaC

Join
Jul 22, 2017
Hi,
Long time Phantom 2 Vision+ user (got 2 of them), and I finally got the SPARK. I need a smaller bird so I can travel with, and with some cool auto functions so I can record myself.

I bought the FLY MORE combo, So I can get the remote to get more control, and hopefully use the spark for a lot of my Phantom work too.

First question: I used IOC (intelligent Orientation Control) on the Phantom a lot. I think it is a great feature. Did DJI forgot this feature on the SPARK? I can't seam to find nothing on it for the spark.

Secondly: As I said before, I got the FLY MORE combo with the Remote... But I wanted to use it with just the phone too, when I wanna use selfie modes.
It seams like the SPARK comes binded to the remote out of the box, and I cannot find a way to connect it just to the phone, with no remote. Help?
THanks

I used IOC (intelligent Orientation Control) on the Phantom a lot. I think it is a great feature. Did DJI forgot this feature on the SPARK?
You can access the flight modes from the icon on the left side of DJI GO.

DJI-GO-Flight-Modes.jpg

It seams like the SPARK comes binded to the remote out of the box, and I cannot find a way to connect it just to the phone, with no remote.
When switching from the remote controller to a mobile device, you'll need to hold the button on the back of the Spark (after powering it on) for about 9 seconds (until you hear 3 beeps). At that point, you should be able to connect your mobile device to the Spark's Wi-Fi network.

Check out this video for more details on flying with a mobile device:

THank you very much.
but on flight modes, I can't find the correspondent to COURSE LOCK on the Phatom 2 vision +. THat is the one mode I use all the time while filming

The flight modes pictured above are all of the flight modes currently offered. The Spark is quite limited feature-wise when compared to DJI's other drones.

THank you very much.
but on flight modes, I can't find the correspondent to COURSE LOCK on the Phatom 2 vision +. THat is the one mode I use all the time while filming

The Spark is not anywhere near the Phantoms, Inspires, or Mavic regarding flight or imagery capabilities.

It was not developed or marketed as such.

Hi, I hope I'm in the correct thread. Just wondering if Spark's RC works on Mavic Pro?

Just wondering if Spark's RC works on Mavic Pro?
The Mavic Pro remote controller is not compatible with the Spark.

Guys, what are the drawbacks of using a non-celullar Ipad as the remote controller? Izit a must to use a cellular device?

Same, iPad mini 4 wifi only. One drawback is the need after gps is locked to use first wifi to connect to my phone acting as mobile Hotspot to get the maps. Then I can switch off wifi.
In the new go app, the off-line maps have disappeared. Does any know how to get them back?

Another possible drawback is that you won't be able to reset the home point to your current location if you move away from the takeoff location (e.g. when flying from a boat).

I also have a non cell wifi iPad and if you are flying in an auth zone you'll need internet to unlock.[emoji12]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme