Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark single USB battery charger

emdblyou

Join
Jul 20, 2019
Hey guys. I’m looking for a charger/docking station for a single battery for my DJI Spark so I can charge one battery via USB cable with my battery pack while I’m flying the Spark. I know I could charge it with a battery pack and USB cable plugged directly into my Spark but then I wouldn’t be able to fly it for an hour or so. Have you guys seen such charger? I saw something on Amazon but it’s for your car. The cables for the batteries are hard wired into the adaptor itself so you are forced to charge it in the car. Here’s the link:
ZEEY Travel Car Charger for DJI Spark Drone Battery/Remote Controller Car Adapter with Battery Charging Port and USB Charging Port (2 Battery + 1 USB Charging Ports) ZEEY Travel Car Charger for DJI Spark Drone Battery/Remote Controller Car Adapter with Battery Charging Port and USB Charging Port (2 Battery + 1 USB Charging Ports): Amazon.ca: Camera & Photo
Thanks in advance.

I don't have one of these, and it may be a little overkill for what you are looking for, but I have read good reviews on this product.

Smatree Portable charger for the Spark.

It will charge a Spark battery six times before having to recharge the block.
It also has a USB port for charging the remote or device.

I don't have one of these, and it may be a little overkill for what you are looking for, but I have read good reviews on this product.

Smatree Portable charger for the Spark.

It will charge a Spark battery six times before having to recharge the block.
It also has a USB port for charging the remote or device.

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. That's actually not a bad solution. A little bit bulkier but if I ever get more batteries (currently have 2), then that would be perfect. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Take a look at this
Don't know where you are but I'm sure you would find one locally on your eBay.
I also had the portable charging station but sold it on and now have a Smatree which is better but is bulky.
Have a good flight! ?

Take a look at this
I also had the portable charging station but sold it on and now have a Smatree which is better but is bulky.
Have a good flight! ?
Is this just a charger or does it have a battery that you charge before you use and can then use when out flying?

Is this just a charger or does it have a battery that you charge before you use and can then use when out flying?

this is not bad either. It looks like just a charger which would be perfect. I picked up cheap 10,000 mha $17 charger from bestbuy so this would work. Thanks! May have to get it from eBay.

this is not bad either. It looks like just a charger which would be perfect. I picked up cheap 10,000 mha $17 charger from bestbuy so this would work. Thanks! May have to get it from eBay.

$17 power bank I meant.

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. That's actually not a bad solution. A little bit bulkier but if I ever get more batteries (currently have 2), then that would be perfect. I'll definitely keep that in mind.
I have that one. Very happy with it. I have 4 batteries and it ALMOST charges fast enough to just keep charging and rotating them continuously. Now I can fly for hours instead of minutes when I go flying. If it's too warm out, have to let the battery cool for a few minutes before it will charge. It is heavy, but charges 3 batteries simultaneously instead of one at a time. That was the deal breaker for the DJI charger.

Take a look at this
Have a good flight! ?
I just ordered one of these. It is coming from Canada.I will have to review it when it arrives.

Oops. I just updated my post, but I found out it is coming from China. It may be a while before I receive it, but I will let you know and post a review when I do get it.

Just an update: My charger that I accidentally ordered from China on April 20th has been taking its sweet time getting here. It has finally started moving within the United States. So maybe I will have pictures and a review soon.

It seems now is not a good time to be ordering from overseas.

I received my single battery charger for my Spark and have tested it a bit. One Spark battery firmly clips into the holder and it has inputs for USB 12v 1.5a which is a USB Quick Charge output, it also has a round plug for DC 13.1v 1.5 - 6a. On the sides it appears to have an interconnect male and female plugs where you could connect several of them together. I guess that is why the DC input has the variable amps.

For a test, I ran my Spark down to an 8% battery and then recharged using this unit and the original Spark QC USB charger. It took 1 hour 28 minutes to charge the battery fully.

One note: This unit will not work with a regular 5v USB charger, it only lights up, but does not charge the battery. Sometimes when I am not in a rush, I will plug my Spark into a 2.4a 5v USB charger which charges the battery slowly which I believe would be better for the health of the battery.
IMG_6924.jpg

Another success! The battery holder works fine with my battery pack which does output QC 3.0. I have used this portable battery while hiking to recharge the drone, but was aways a bit awkward to have the drone protected in my backpack, but yet plugged in at the same time and the confinement made the battery and drone heat up.IMG_6927.jpg

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme