Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark - Tablet Recommendation?

sovamoonspark

Join
Mar 11, 2019
Hi guys,
thinking to buy a tablet ( not expensive one ) to connect with the Spark ( I'm only using OTG ). So I found cheap Ipad 3 32gb and interesting it will work and how with a Spark? Also If you have any other suggestion I'll appreciate :) Android Is also ok for me. So far I was using Huawei 10 Mate Pro and worked very good! Thanks

Having a look at the DJI Go 4 app on the store - it shows a list of compatible devices there. So from he iPad Air upwards seems to be fine. A lot of people use the iPad mini 4.

I'm considering getting a tablet too and will probably go with a cheaper iPad Air as it just needs to run the apps.

Edit:
It seems the iPad Air range will be too big to fit into the controller; so It's the iPad mini you want.

Reactions: sovamoonspark
Yea, need extender for ipad and actually looks very nice. P. S. I totally forgot on list of the comp devices on dji.com :))
Having a look at the DJI Go 4 app on the store - it shows a list of compatible devices there. So from he iPad Air upwards seems to be fine. A lot of people use the iPad mini 4.

I'm considering getting a tablet too and will probably go with a cheaper iPad Air as it just needs to run the apps.

Edit:
It seems the iPad Air range will be too big to fit into the controller; so It's the iPad mini you want.

Yea, need extender for ipad and actually looks very nice. P. S. I totally forgot on list of the comp devices on dji.com :))

No need for anything else. The iPad mini will fit just fine.

Quick summary:

• Compatible with iPad mini 2 and upwards (iPad mini 1 OS is too low (iOS 9) and DJI Go 4 app need iOS 10 and upwards)
  • Will fit without any modifications or accessories.

That list should be updated. It's not 100% accurate. The iPad mini 2 can run the DJI Go 4 app as well; thus making it compatible with the DJI Spark.
The lack of the green dot means DJI does not support the iPad Mini 2 when using DJI GO 4. However, as you can see under the "DJI GO" column, people are using it with both DJI GO 3 and DJI GO 4.

The lack of the green dot means DJI does not support the iPad Mini 2 when using DJI GO 4. However, as you can see under the "DJI GO" column, people are using it with both DJI GO 3 and DJI GO 4.

On the App Store the app is listed as compatible with the iPad mini 2. Has DJI stated that it will not work?

On the App Store the app is listed as compatible with the iPad mini 2
That just means it's technically possible to install it on the iPad Mini 2.

Has DJI stated that it will not work?
No. They don't support the iPad Mini 2 -- meaning they won't help you if you run into issues and contact DJI Support for help.

I am using an iPad 2 64gig, Wifi only. iOS almost always beeps and says 'This Accessory may not be supported' when connected via OTG. I have never had a problem using any of my DJI drones.

Hi guys,
thinking to buy a tablet ( not expensive one ) to connect with the Spark ( I'm only using OTG ). So I found cheap Ipad 3 32gb and interesting it will work and how with a Spark? Also If you have any other suggestion I'll appreciate :) Android Is also ok for me. So far I was using Huawei 10 Mate Pro and worked very good! Thanks

I suggest an Apple device, vs. an Android tablet. Apple controls their iOS tightly. Android comes in many different variations, and versions. I have use 5-6 brands with DJI, with no troubles....but I have read many stories from others. And OTG is the way to go ;-)

Hi guys,

The OP states he is inquiring about an iPad 3. Not an iPad Mini

iPad 3 (2012) and iPad MINI 3 (2014) are completely different specs. The iPad 3 was regarded as a flawed device and stopped production after only 8 months.

Needs clarification because all the answers are about a MINI and that's not what he's looking at

The OP states he is inquiring about an iPad 3. Not an iPad Mini

iPad 3 (2012) and iPad MINI 3 (2014) are completely different specs. The iPad 3 was regarded as a flawed device and stopped production after only 8 months.

Needs clarification because all the answers are about a MINI and that's not what he's looking at

OP asked for 'tablet suggestions', asked about a cheap Ipad3, and any other tablets might be a better option, including Android ;-)

Cheers

OP asked for 'tablet suggestions', asked about a cheap Ipad3, and any other tablets might be a better option, including Android ;-)

Cheers

Yes. I read the original post and quoted it directly. The question was pretty straightforward.

iPad 3 has the reputation of "worst iPad ever". It's a dog. Could barely run a single app at a time when it was brand new. Not recommended now that it's 7 years old.

Last edited:
Yes. I read the original post and quoted in directly. The question was pretty straightforward.

iPad 3 has the reputation of "worst iPad ever". It's a dog. Could barely run a single app at a time when it was brand new. Not recommended now that it's 7 years old.

Well noted, I have used the the following devices on DJI4, Litchi, Trello,. Tello EDU, Parrot preflight Mini, Preflight Pro (3&4) using:

Orignal Ipad, with both Wifi and 3G HSDPA with memory)

Ipad model ME278X/A (64gig only)

Iphone 4

Iphone 5, 6, 7+

Iphone XS Max, Special Hong Kong/Macau physical dual-SIM (no eSIM)

Most have iOS 12.3.x....I7+ is on 12.4.1 (I'm in beta program). XS in on 12.3.

Samsung i9300- AOSOP 5.x

Samsung Galaxy 7, 8, 8+. 9, 9+. 10+

Huawei Honor (something X)

Lenovo A6000 Android 7.x

Not ONE single phone/tablet has acted unusually, using DJI software...Litchi, et al, tend to trail behind capability.

Well noted, I have used the the following devices on DJI4, Litchi, Trello,. Tello EDU, Parrot preflight Mini, Preflight Pro (3&4) using:

Orignal Ipad, with both Wifi and 3G HSDPA with memory)

Ipad model ME278X/A (64gig only)

Iphone 4

Iphone 5, 6, 7+

Iphone XS Max, Special Hong Kong/Macau physical dual-SIM (no eSIM)

Most have iOS 12.3.x....I7+ is on 12.4.1 (I'm in beta program). XS in on 12.3.

Samsung i9300- AOSOP 5.x

Samsung Galaxy 7, 8, 8+. 9, 9+. 10+

Huawei Honor (something X)

Lenovo A6000 Android 7.x

Not ONE single phone/tablet has acted unusually, using DJI software...Litchi, et al, tend to trail behind capability.

So you've tested every tablet...

...except the iPad 3? LOL

That's awesome!

Darn embarrassing, when listed. My most hilarious phone is a Lenovo P629-dual SIM, gold plated that makes fake background noise. Wanna tell wifey you’re on the train, not in a hotel. It’ll do it. Not DJI certified. ;-)IMG_0131.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast