Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark - Tablet Recommendation?

Well noted, I have used the the following devices on DJI4, Litchi, Trello,. Tello EDU, Parrot preflight Mini, Preflight Pro (3&4) using:

Orignal Ipad, with both Wifi and 3G HSDPA with memory)

Ipad model ME278X/A (64gig only)

Iphone 4

Iphone 5, 6, 7+

Iphone XS Max, Special Hong Kong/Macau physical dual-SIM (no eSIM)

Most have iOS 12.3.x....I7+ is on 12.4.1 (I'm in beta program). XS in on 12.3.

Samsung i9300- AOSOP 5.x

Samsung Galaxy 7, 8, 8+. 9, 9+. 10+

Huawei Honor (something X)

Lenovo A6000 Android 7.x

Not ONE single phone/tablet has acted unusually, using DJI software...Litchi, et al, tend to trail behind capability.

I highly doubt you ran the DJI Go 4 app on the following devices:

iPad (Original) - LOL seriously? Will only run iOS 5.1.1
iPhone 4, - Will only run iOS 7.1.2 as latest

The DJI 4 app runs on iOS 10 and upwards only.

Most have iOS 12.3.x....I7+ is on 12.4.1 (I'm in beta program). XS in on 12.3.

The BETA program is a public beta BTW - and thus nothing 'special' - also iOS12.3 to 12.4 has no significant differences to apps.

Reactions: Andre Levite
DJI Go ran on much earlier versions of iOS. Painfully slow. It also is unneeded on my P2. The OSD with a flysight works beautifully.

My point is that almost every version of every DJi product has been solid. Using iOS Public beta, is a risk IMHO. I’m in the Developers program, and I will load it. My main device is the I7+

DJI Go ran on much earlier versions of iOS. Painfully slow. It also is unneeded on my P2. The OSD with a flysight works beautifully.

Much earlier versions sure. But not iOS 5 or 6.
Point is you never ran this app on the original iPad.

My point is that almost every version of every DJi product has been solid.

The current reviews on the App Store beg to differ - a measly 2.7 star rating.

Using iOS Public beta, is a risk IMHO. I’m in the Developers program, and I will load it. My main device is the I7+

You realise the Developer betas are before the public ones right? And by the time betas make it to public a lot of the bug have been ironed out. There is literally no extra risk using public betas compared to developer betas.

Also there is hardly any difference between the two and anyone can get into the develop beta program - not even sure why we discussing beta programs as app developers (Including myself) don't support our apps on beta iOS versions for the very obvious reason.

Bought a iPad gen 6 128gb 9.7 and a tablet holder for remote and I’m glad I did. The view is so much better than on my android phone. I use a cable between remote and I pad and no connection problems... I have no regrets since getting this size iPad. ?

I got Samsung Tab A 2017 SM-T380, working perfect! ( Dirt cheap second hand, and 480 nit brightness)
The only drag is when using OTG cable the controller is charging the tablet.
Apparently if you cut the 5V Vcc cable and solder in 33 ohm resistor it will solve this issue but I'm too lazy to do that.
So I just don't use the cable anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers