Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI spark tripod mode.

Jiri Petr

Join
Jun 19, 2017
Hi guys, just wondering if anybody tried tripod mode? is it working without remote controller? I tried it just with phone but looks like it doesn't working.

Tripod mode is working okay for me without the remote controller. There is a noticeable difference in speed when switching between Tripod mode and Normal mode.

Tripod mode is working okay for me without the remote controller. There is a noticeable difference in speed when switching between Tripod mode and Normal mode.
I tried it yesterday i when i put tripod mode i couldn't move drone at all just camera little bit down and up but not drone.

That's odd. I was just out flying in Tripod mode on the current firmware.

That's odd. I was just out flying in Tripod mode on the current firmware.
yea its strange :( also can you see map on left bottom corner? I cant but i see few videos with it. dont know how to turn it on. not important. most important for me is tripod mode

I'm only able to see the map when flying with my remote controller.

Give it another try and see if you're able to reproduce that issue.

yea i will try to reinstall android app and will see. hole it will fix it as just going to Scotland :) so want to make some videos.

The
yea its strange :( also can you see map on left bottom corner? I cant but i see few videos with it. dont know how to turn it on. not important. most important for me is tripod mode
map doesn't show for me either. In my case I believe it is because I use an iPad for wifi control and I don't have internet access with it right now. If you use an android device, you can save maps for off-line use, but not iPad.

The

map doesn't show for me either. In my case I believe it is because I use an iPad for wifi control and I don't have internet access with it right now. If you use an android device, you can save maps for off-line use, but not iPad.
yea i tried to download maps for offline using but still can't see maps :-(

so i've been trying to figure out tripod mode without the RC as well. the only thing that's slow to move is the gimbal moving up and down, but when it comes to the movement of the drone, they're still normal speed. i wonder if they're planning on fixing this...

It works fine without controller.
I think its operator error.

When you switch to tripod mode, you will lose the stick controls. The spark switches into 'look' mode, where it will yaw and only look up and down (long press on screen for blue circle and then move finger around to look). You need to switch out of 'look mode' by tapping the small circle at the bottom left hand corner of screen. This will reveal the virtual sticks again.

Let us know how you go.

And also, wifi controls dont show maps (on android).

It works fine without controller.
I think its operator error.

When you switch to tripod mode, you will lose the stick controls. The spark switches into 'look' mode, where it will yaw and only look up and down (long press on screen for blue circle and then move finger around to look). You need to switch out of 'look mode' by tapping the small circle at the bottom left hand corner of screen. This will reveal the virtual sticks again.

Let us know how you go.

And also, wifi controls dont show maps (on android).

I am aware that when you switch to tripod mode the stick mode will disappear and go into gimbal track. I've switched back to the virtual sticks and checked to see if there was ANY difference in speed but to my eyes, they are just as fast as normal mode.

I have a brand new Spark and with the latest firmware. Tripod mode with the RC is not smooth. Sometimes it doesn't want to yaw at all. It's jumpy.

I am aware that when you switch to tripod mode the stick mode will disappear and go into gimbal track. I've switched back to the virtual sticks and checked to see if there was ANY difference in speed but to my eyes, they are just as fast as normal mode.

I am referring to the OP. I dont think he is aware of the gimbal track/virtual sticks modes.

Still trying to ascertain .. is tripod not as good as it needs to or is it dangerous as in unpredictable to use w/out rc?

from what i see, when using JUST your phone, the only thing that slows down during tripod mode is the gimbal speed. other than that, the movements of the drone moving up/down/left/right/forward/backward is still remain the same.

i think it's not as good as it intends to be, but it's definitely not dangerous and unpredictable. with the RC, you will get much better control than your phone, but be aware that when you use the virtual joysticks, you won't get the kind of feedback you would from an RC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme