Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI stock props vs unbranded props

Highflyer

Join
Nov 10, 2018
Loc
Sanborn, Mn (USA)
Is there really a difference between the DJI stock props & the unbranded props besides the price?

Jeff :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: CLAY347
Is there really a difference between the DJI stock props & the unbranded props besides the price?

Jeff :cool:
Hey Jeff, I bought some after market props , put 2 on one side and left 2 DJI on trhe othe rside ,, hovered perfectly , and flew awsome like the Spark does . No Problem. I have them like that now.

Attachments

• 20181221_062240.jpg
    20181221_062240.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 65
Reactions: CLAY347
I guess the build quality maybe a factor.
Once I crashed my spark without guard directly into the wall while flying indoors, but luckily it just got only some scratches and had no signs of breakage, I suggest better to stick onto the original ones

I guess that's the million dollar question.
My guess is...yes, if you ask DJI and try to make a warranty claim after a crash using non- OEM props.

I think we all know to inspect the props carefully but one can never really know if one material or manufacturer is any better than another.
Me, I've purchased some non-OEM props for my spark in the color red. I put red on the front end so I can better tell which is the front of the craft when nearby. I've had zero issues and it seems to not matter which I'm using. So far, so good.

I guess that's the million dollar question.
My guess is...yes, if you ask DJI and try to make a warranty claim after a crash using non- OEM props.

I think we all know to inspect the props carefully but one can never really know if one material or manufacturer is any better than another.
Me, I've purchased some non-OEM props for my spark in the color red. I put red on the front end so I can better tell which is the front of the craft when nearby. I've had zero issues and it seems to not matter which I'm using. So far, so good.

Your "guess" is correct... The DJI warranty specifically states that use of any non-OEM parts voids coverage. But if you send them a drone for repair with the props removed that would avoid the issue entirely.

Props are relatively inexpensive so I stick with genuine DJI.

thanks, guys I'll stick with the DJI props.

Reactions: mano
I think if you're replacing them often enough to care about the price difference you should question why you're running into so much stuff. :)
I'm not replacing them haven't had to. I never had a crash or flown into anything yet lol. was just curious about them.

Oh, you'll have to replace them eventually. Be sure to check them every flight, you'll get some little nick or crack that can turn ugly with time. Maybe the things will hit a bug or something, who knows, there's not always an obvious cause.

For your curiosity... they do make some interesting props made out of exotic materials (cut your finger right off and don't seem to do much for performance) or that light up (potentially cool but seem to have some issues), but the aftermarket prop market is pretty small, there's enough bad ones out there people are pretty suspicious of them and as noted it's not a big expense item to just buy DJI. Even the people who buy colored ones to match their drones color typically just take a few pictures and then switch back to DJI for actual flying...

Reactions: Highflyer
I’m sticking all original which is like USD20 for all four.

Given I’ve only clipped a few weeds and leaves with them they’re pretty good, and of course that mount leg I broke on one without realising.

Probably will just replace the whole set when the bird hits its first birthday (June).

why would anyone try to cheap out when it comes to your drone flying, if DJI made the original props they made them to match up with your drone if your worried about a few bucks do more overtime at your job to pay for them, Geez im new here and its just common sense.

I don't consider all non-dji props to be "unbranded." When Master Airscrew makes props for the Spark, I will not hesitate to use them. I have their props on both of my Mavics and would never go back to the dji props. They are quieter, seem to have improved response, come in black, white or orange, and have never given any hint of a problem. Master Airscrew has been making props in their California factory for more than 40 years and they are experts in that field.

I don't consider all non-dji props to be "unbranded." When Master Airscrew makes props for the Spark, I will not hesitate to use them. I have their props on both of my Mavics and would never go back to the dji props. They are quieter, seem to have improved response, come in black, white or orange, and have never given any hint of a problem. Master Airscrew has been making props in their California factory for more than 40 years and they are experts in that field.
I have been using Master Airscrew props on my R/C nitro powered airplanes for 30 years. A name to trust.

why would anyone try to cheap out when it comes to your drone flying, if DJI made the original props they made them to match up with your drone if your worried about a few bucks do more overtime at your job to pay for them, Geez im new here and its just common sense.
sorry mystic I don't mean to LMFAO at your commit but all I did was ask about some stupid props and if there were that much difference between the stock and unbranded props besides the price. Again I have to LMAO on putting in overtime I make a little over six figures a year I do have money. Geez, common sense would be think before you speak no offense just saying.

I have been using Master Airscrew props on my R/C nitro powered airplanes for 30 years. A name to trust.
I also use master Airscrew props on my planes. I also use unbranded props on my F450 & my F50 quads and never had any problems with them.

sorry mystic I don't mean to LMFAO at your commit but all I did was ask about some stupid props and if there were that much difference between the stock and unbranded props besides the price. Again I have to LMAO on putting in overtime I make a little over six figures a year I do have money. Geez, common sense would be think before you speak no offense just saying.
No offense taken how would I know you made 6 figures most of us we people don't make that....... merry Christmas

Reactions: Highflyer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex