Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Do you ever launch from anywhere other than your palm?

• No

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 22 81.5%

• Total voters

GearHead83

Join
Mar 8, 2018
One of my absolute favorite features on the Spark is the ability to launch the craft from your palm. Not even the brand new Mavic Air can do that. I love the fact that I never have to worry about setting my Spark in a dirty, wet or otherwise less than satisfactory location in order to take off. I have palm launched each and every time I have flown my Spark and plan to continue doing so for the life of this thing. I also always palm land but I understand that some folks find this to be nerve wracking and/or uncomfortable.

Yep, because some of the features don’t work from palm mode, which is ridiculous.

Depends what the ground I'm launching off looks at like. You could use the controller to take off from your hand apposed to gestures?

Depends what the ground I'm launching off looks at like. You could use the controller to take off from your hand apposed to gestures?
Yes you can but it is much more risky.

I just got my Spark yesterday, and I fly it using the RC. How do you palm launch/land while using the RC? I tried a palm landing, but it kept raising it's self as soon as it got close to my palm?

An even easy method would be to just program the customizable function button, either one to land and takeoff. So now you just hold your spark in one hand rc in the other and just hit the button and bam drone is in the air. I only use it to take off i just hand catch it when the battery is done.
I never take off from the ground, and rarely land on the ground

I just got my Spark yesterday, and I fly it using the RC. How do you palm launch/land while using the RC? I tried a palm landing, but it kept raising it's self as soon as it got close to my palm?

With a controller, Bring the spark near you and pull the left stick down with your palm up. It'll land in your palm in any mode. Haven't tried it in Sport though.

One of my absolute favorite features on the Spark is the ability to launch the craft from your palm. Not even the brand new Mavic Air can do that. I love the fact that I never have to worry about setting my Spark in a dirty, wet or otherwise less than satisfactory location in order to take off. I have palm launched each and every time I have flown my Spark and plan to continue doing so for the life of this thing. I also always palm land but I understand that some folks find this to be nerve wracking and/or uncomfortable.

I have to pull back on the sticks to take off from the ground, how do you hand launch?

I have to pull back on the sticks to take off from the ground, how do you hand launch?

Two ways other than gesture mode.

1) Program one of the function buttons to auto lift off.

2) Use the takeoff button / slider on the screen. Hold the Spark in one hand, use your other hand /thumb to slide the slider.

I use a neck lanyard for the remote so it's a little easier to manipulate.

Another fast way to "land" it in your hand is to simply grab it in the air and turn it upside down...it will cut the motors instantly.

I take off (in lighted conditions) by having the drone camera face me, arm extended press the battery button twice. It will do a face aware, front lights turn green and takes off. I almost never take off or land it on the ground.

I always launch from the top of my case, that way i can keep my eye on the feedback and telemetry on the screen. Always hand catch, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502