Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Does OTG now work in Litchi?

macros999

Join
Aug 28, 2018
Hi All,

In the previous Android version of Litchi OTG was not supported for the Spark - they explicitly said so in the documentation.

Checking now I can no longer see it in the documentation, and I have not flown with Litchi in a while (probably last year) - saw that there was an update in January.- does anyone know if they have resolved the OTG issue as I see a number of new apps supporting the Spark has got the OTG to work?

I will only by able to fly this weekend to test, but maybe somebody else have done already?

I found OTG always worked in spite of that notice. Litchi blamed the SDK which was the same as that used by DH Harmony who stated that OTG was always to be used. I never fly without OTG. That is my experience anyway.

Reactions: Haggi
Didn't work for me today, Litchi never saw the Spark with Wifi off and OTG cable. This was on a Galaxy Note 4. This gives me hope at least, I will experiment more.

Edit: I don't think I had the latest Litchi app, I usually turn off automatic updates. Will test later with January version of Litchi.

Last edited:
So I finally bought Litchi and tried it on my Moto E4 Plus today. Had a hard time making the app connect with the Spark as I was trying to use OTG. Finally managed to connect with WiFi. Once I could make the app recognise the Spark, I plugged in the OTG cable and it worked but after I removed it, I have not been able to establish connection with it again. So I gave up on the OTG cable and tried the course lock, home lock and a couple of small waypoint missions. Everything went fine except for the fact that I lost connection during the 2nd mission at about 150m away from the drone. Spent a few anxious seconds waiting for the drone to complete its course and return home. It did. Overall, pretty happy with the few features I tried but it would have been a lot better if I could get OTG to work.

Hi,

In the previous Android version of Litchi OTG was not supported for the Spark - they explicitly said so in the documentation.

OTG has never officially been supported by DJI for the Spark. Unofficially I have never a problem using OTG. Works well for me with the Litchi App and the Go 4 App.

Hi,

OTG has never officially been supported by DJI for the Spark. Unofficially I have never a problem using OTG. Works well for me with the Litchi App and the Go 4 App.

OTG was added by DJI and officially supported with AC firmware version v01.00.1000 and RC firmware version v01.00.0500.

OTG was added by DJI and officially supported with AC firmware version v01.00.1000 and RC firmware version v01.00.0500.

This thread lost track somewhere in between. The OP was about OTG working in Litchi.

Works well for me with the Litchi App and the Go 4 App.
Is there any particular sequence of steps you follow to connect OTG with Litchi app?

Since Litchi uses the DJI GO 4 SDK , OTG is supported.
But aren't we supposed to Force Stop DJI Go4 before using Litchi? That's what the Litchi app startup pop-up says.

Is there any particular sequence of steps you follow to connect OTG with Litchi app?

Turn on controller > connect cable to controller > connect cable to mobile device

Backwards order works too.

I know there used to be a "proper order" to get it to connect.
But it seems universal now.

And I understand what you are saying about force stop - absolutely...force stop the DJI GO 4 app if it was ran before Litchi

Last edited:
Turn on controller > connect cable to controller > connect cable to mobile device

Backwards order works too.

I know there used to be a "proper order" to get it to connect.
But it seems universal now.

I use the same sequence but it doesn't work for me. I do get a prompt to select which app to use once I plug in the OTG cable but even when I select Litchi, the app doesn't recognise the connection.

I use the same sequence but it doesn't work for me. I do get a prompt to select which app to use once I plug in the OTG cable but even when I select Litchi, the app doesn't recognise the connection.

Hmmmmm

I replied late - force stop the DJI GO 4 app for sure.

Hmmmmm

I replied late - force stop the DJI GO 4 app for sure.
See the reason I am stressing on the 'correct order' is that it did work on the same phone once. But once I removed it, I have not been able to establish the connection again. It is really surprising to me. The same cable works fine with Go4 app.

See the reason I am stressing on the 'correct order' is that it did work on the same phone once. But once I removed it, I have not been able to establish the connection again. It is really surprising to me. The same cable works fine with Go4 app.

Very interesting.
I'll have to take another look soon.
20:00hrs and it was a long day :D

Yes, I use the following sequence:

1. Turn on the Spark.
2. Turn on the RC.
3. Wait for the green "Ready" light on the RC (Spark connected to RC).
4. Connect the OTG cable from Phone/Tablet to the RC and turn off WiFi on Phone/Tablet.
5. Wait for a popup message on Phone/Tablet asking you witch App action should be used.
6. Choice Litchi (or Go 4) and confirm.
7. Done.

This sequence works fine for me with the Spark and Mavic Pro.

Yes, I use the following sequence:

1. Turn on the Spark.
2. Turn on the RC.
3. Wait for the green "Ready" light on the RC (Spark connected to RC).
4. Connect the OTG cable from Phone/Tablet to the RC and turn off WiFi on Phone/Tablet.
5. Wait for a popup message on Phone/Tablet asking you witch App action should be used.
6. Choice Litchi (or Go 4) and confirm.
7. Done.

This sequence works fine for me with the Spark and Mavic Pro.
That is the same sequence I use and it works for me. The only difference is it asks me to confirm "just once" or "select default ". Always use just once. If you hit select default you have to go to app settings a d clear defaults.
You can try do delete both dji and litchi apps and reinstall. I've had to do that on e when it would not recognize the otg cable.

That is the same sequence I use and it works for me. The only difference is it asks me to confirm "just once" or "select default ". Always use just once. If you hit select default you have to go to app settings a d clear defaults.
You can try do delete both dji and litchi apps and reinstall. I've had to do that on e when it would not recognize the otg cable.

Thank you very much for sharing the sequence of steps. I will try to follow the exact steps and get back with the results. Just one question - since Litchi is a paid app, can we uninstall and reinstall it just like any free app? I am not sure about this as it is the first paid app I have bought.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex