Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Does the spark battery disengages?

ginG spark

Join
Oct 15, 2017
Hello all,
i saw over the net that some spark users complain that the battery disengages, and as a result the drone crashes.
doed anyone experienced this ?
ginG.

A few people have posted flight logs here that seemed to show the battery shut off mid-flight. That issue appears to have been resolved by the mandatory August 21st Spark firmware release.

As long as you hear both latches click as they go into place, you should be gtg. Otherwise, I'd place my faith in duct tape before something printed by a 13 yr old and hocked on ebay [emoji20]

In the short time I have owned a spark I have thrown it all over the place in sport mode and its never came out. At the moment I have 8 spark batteries which I use each time I fly. Just make sure the battery is seated properly and you wont have any problems.

Nope, ZERO issues with the battery disengaging. A while ago, I owned a Yuneec Typhoon H and people were talking about batteries "disengaging" and causing crashes. After "educating" people about hearing it "snap in". We didn't see any more issues. Just make sure it securely in place before taking off..

Zero issues here as well. I agree with everyone else, just make sure it is well seated and you'll be fine.

Sure just like there is a chance of a prop falling off...

IF one is so worried about the battery falling off why not buy one of those parachute units cause then it doesn't matter if its a battery issue or prop issue, your drone will gently land instead of crash...

I think if one was really concerned, just like others have suggested, a couple pieces of duct tape will be less intrusive and alot less expensive and ugly...

The solution is to make sure
YES, there is a chance of that.

Here is the solution:
DJI Spark Battery Lock by lcalcena

I always check the clips before flying to ensure no damage.

YES, there is a chance of that.

Here is the solution:
DJI Spark Battery Lock by lcalcena
Boyyy, does that look cumbersome and stupid... definitely duct tape before something like *that*, and that's if there were a problem to start with. Like many others, I run in sport mode 90% of the time and really get after it... I'm more worried about a fly-off or prop cutting loose than anything. Now that I'm insured against anything that could possibly happen, i enjoy my spark and p3s a lot more.

Gotta wonder what that blob of 3d printed schlock weighs... I don't even run prop guards due to the added weight (plus I'm years past the noob stage). Looks like a rolling stones album cover, haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh