Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Don’t fly your drone in Atti

Try flying a collective pitch helicopter, you will NEVER complain about ATTI again!
I started with collective pitch helicopters. The only thing that I was good at was rebuilding. Hovering and landing it in one piece is the only flying I accomplished.

I think the drone will try to hover when in atti mode due to no GPS and no RC connection. It will land when the crtical battery power is reached. But most likely it will eventually crash into something. Reason for no GPS is malfunction or its around obstacles blocking satellite. It cant RTH with no GPS. Losing GPS signal is gradual. Pilot should be monitoring this as well as battery power and fly accordingly.
Without GPS signal, spark cannot hover steadily, either. Except it is low enough, so down sensors are enabled.

Hi Wink,
It's this easy. Go slowly as there is a lot on information presented to you, but you will only make small changes to values. So, go slowly to not be overwhelmed
1) Delete DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.6 from your computer. If you don't have it installed, then don't worry about it.
2) Install DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.2 You can download it from this site https://flyflydrones.com/pages/download-links
3) Download Notepad ++ It's free, but be careful where you download it from. I downloaded my version from Notepad.com, or something like that.
4) Once installed access the V1.1.2 which is likely in
C:\program files (x86), DJI Product, DJI Assistant 2, App files, Main.js
(right click to select open with Notepad++)
5) Scroll down until you find the code \\mainwindow.webcontents.opendevtools() It may be on row 113, or very near that line. Remove the \\ characters at the front of the code, and save the change. Be sure you have saved the change. Close out the app, and go back into the program and review to be sure \\ is no longer in the code.
6) While still in C:\program files (x86), DJI Product, DJI Assistant 2 (Note: no longer in App files folder) right click and select Open, or Run as Administrator. Your computer may prompt you to accept the app making changes, and you select Yes.
7) With DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.2 open, look for >> in the upper right hand corner to the right of the word resources. click the >>. Then, click Local Storage, then File://
8) change the value in the field debug from 0 to 1, and then the field enable debug from false to true.
Note: to change these click on the 0, until only it is highlighted. Change the value and hit enter. Do the same to change false to true.
9) connect Spark via USB to your computer. An icon for Spark will appear. Click the icon. After clicking the icon a panel with a whole bunch of stuff will appear on the left side of DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.2 Scroll down until you see the word parameters.
10) After selecting parameters, a whole lot of stuff will be visible to you. Be careful to not change anything that you don't understand what it does.
11) Look for the parameter g_config_control_control_mode[1] To make it easier, there is a search bar. copy the code on the left to the search bar. It will find the parameter for you. Before you change anything, select the + sign on the far right. Doing so will save the parameter as a 'favorite' for you.)
12) Change the default value (8), which is Sport mode to (3), which is attitude mode.
Your done!
Disconnect Spark from the computer, and close out the application DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.2
When you go out to fly, find an open field. Start with Spark in GPS mode (Sport mode NOT switch on), I recommend that you raise the drone to a height that can not fly into anything. Then when you are ready, switch the sport mode switch to 'on'. Notice that the DJI GO 4 app will indicate that you are in Atti mode - highlighted in yellow
Play around with the mode. Notice that speed of Spark is greater than when in Sport mode. Also notice that the Yaw (left stick turning left or right) is much smoother in atti mode. Be aware that the braking of the Spark is MUCH slower.
To test out the in and out of mode ease, switch the Sport mode switch back to GPS mode. Notice that you are instantly back in GPS mode.
Good luck.
Remember that attitude mode can be risky, but treated with respect will give you a whole new perspective on drones.
If you decide that Atti mode is not for you, follow the instructions above to change back to Sport mode.
Finally, you are doing this at your own risk. I will not be responsible for any problems this causes. This method works easily, and is done by many. go slowly so as to do it right, and you will be fine
RegardsRichard

You can also use NLD client software to change Sport mode to ATTI mode.
Works great!

If anyone wants confirmation of whether it goes faster in Atti than Sports - the answer is HELL YES! I did find that out the hard way, with unfortunately a crash which I am now about to send it off for a Replacement (there was actually a height failure on the Baro and VPS too which caused it to drop low when it shouldn't have - that is a seperate discussion I will have with DJI.)
That aside - with replacement props it is still flyable, just the camera is cracked...Anyway - that crash was at 17.6m p/s. But I just had another fly after 4 days of my Cert 3 in aviation course, where we have just flown 5 hours over 2 days - Most of it in ATTI. I can tell you that is VERY TAXING! So Quite a bit more confident in Atti Mode now...

Just clocked the Spark in at 18m/s - being 64.8Km/h ! This time done in an area of Extreme space.

Dang about a 10 mile gain not bad.. i did the sport + on her once but reverted back to stock i like how it files in normal sport easier on the batts too.

Are you using the current version of dji assistant 2 or a legacy version?
Just going to assume you are asking me...As Richard Rucket said - You need to use an older version - v1.1.2

Something further - Have to applaud the response I got from DJI on my busted up spark...I logged the Crash about mid-week last week, received the Label to send back on Friday - took it to the Post office Friday arvo, had a confirmation that they received it before midday, then a few little updates that they were working on it, then what the issue was, and the offer to replace under Care refresh - which I took, now they are getting one ready to sip back to me.
Also in all of this - I realised when I sent it that I had left the SD Card in the unit. On the "received items" email I received they list the card, and in a seperate email I sent support they said they would make sure the Card got back to me as well.

I started with collective pitch helicopters. The only thing that I was good at was rebuilding. Hovering and landing it in one piece is the only flying I accomplished.
Haha just saw these from earlier - My first Multi was Counter-rotating Heli's, had a couple of quite expensive ones...Loved them. Then tried to move to a CP 3D unit. Wrecked in a Day - never flown again, and switched back to my beloved Fixed Wings.
But now I'm loving the fluidity you get with a little Atti drift in a quad, other than when you want perfect steady Tripod shots, smooth Atti drifting can give some nice cinematics.

Just going to assume you are asking me...As Richard Rucket said - You need to use an older version - v1.1.2

Something further - Have to applaud the response I got from DJI on my busted up spark...I logged the Crash about mid-week last week, received the Label to send back on Friday - took it to the Post office Friday arvo, had a confirmation that they received it before midday, then a few little updates that they were working on it, then what the issue was, and the offer to replace under Care refresh - which I took, now they are getting one ready to sip back to me.
Also in all of this - I realised when I sent it that I had left the SD Card in the unit. On the "received items" email I received they list the card, and in a seperate email I sent support they said they would make sure the Card got back to me as well.
Ooops, sorry, missed that. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav