Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Downtown Jackson TN

sirkkelley

Join
Sep 24, 2018
I shot this video over the weekend. It was edited solely on my iPhone using iMovie and Adobe Rush. I used only one battery to capture all of this footage. I know there are some camera jitters in some of the shots and I think I think that I need to slow my gimbal movement down even slower. Hope you guys enjoy and all feedback is appreciated.

I shot this video over the weekend. It was edited solely on my iPhone using iMovie and Adobe Rush. I used only one battery to capture all of this footage. I know there are some camera jitters in some of the shots and I think I think that I need to slow my gimbal movement down even slower. Hope you guys enjoy and all feedback is appreciated.

Great Video [emoji106]

I visited there a long time ago. Some friends and I came to the Celtic Fest for the day. It was quite an event. Great video. I am surprised that you did not have any issues with stray WiFi signals interfering with your flight. And I agree that you were taking your chances on that one but all is well that ends well.

Reactions: sirkkelley
I guess I was unknowingly taking risks! I've never ran into any WiFi interference in any flight before. I fly in places like this fairly regularly. When I am in a more congested area I try not to exceed 1200' distance because I am afraid that I could have some loss of signal due to buildings though.

Nice video. I especially liked the slide to the right while descending.
If you like trying different flight techniques, try moving the right stick (left stick also) to the in between areas of the clock.
For example, if you think of the right stick being in the middle of a clock face such that forward is 12 O'clock, and slide to the right is 3 o'clock, etc...pitch your stick in between 12 and 3. This can also be done with 3 and 6, 6 and 9, and 9 and 12. Spark flies diagonally, then.
Be careful, doing so speeds up the spark from obstacle avoidance speed of 6.X mph to 10 mph, and obs avoid off 13.x to roughly 18 mph.
Of course you can do this with the left stick as well, or while doing the right stick ascend/descend.

If you do these techniques, post the video

Reactions: sirkkelley
Nice video. I especially liked the slide to the right while descending.
If you like trying different flight techniques, try moving the right stick (left stick also) to the in between areas of the clock.
For example, if you think of the right stick being in the middle of a clock face such that forward is 12 O'clock, and slide to the right is 3 o'clock, etc...pitch your stick in between 12 and 3. This can also be done with 3 and 6, 6 and 9, and 9 and 12. Spark flies diagonally, then.
Be careful, doing so speeds up the spark from obstacle avoidance speed of 6.X mph to 10 mph, and obs avoid off 13.x to roughly 18 mph.
Of course you can do this with the left stick as well, or while doing the right stick ascend/descend.

If you do these techniques, post the video
I will try that on my next flight. My biggest problem is a lack of time when getting in the air. I travel with my Spark daily so that if I have a chance to fly it is with me. I need to dedicate some time to learn some cinematic shots and apply that to my spontaneous flights. Thanks for the advice I really do appreciate it.

Cool.

Keep in mind that the Spark doesn't yaw well, so cinematic shots can be simple moves, sometimes close to objects

Cool.

Keep in mind that the Spark doesn't yaw well, so cinematic shots can be simple moves, sometimes close to objects
No doubt! I try to edit all of the yaw shots out of the videos but I have had some success with circling objects. It seems that the only time I can get decent footage yawing is when I am also panning at the same time. I think that I need st start flying slower and shoot longer clips in the same trajectory as well. I feel like that will help in the editing process.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena