Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drone fell from 400 feet

Join
Jul 24, 2019
I had a brand new spark battery on its first flight, eject itself from my spark and sent my poor spark free falling from 400 feet. Luckily it fell completley stable and upside down auto rotating, still hit hard. Now I get,
"Check redundancy state " cant fly.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190723-075143.jpg
    Screenshot_20190723-075143.jpg
    732 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: 1Joey23
I think that might be the gps board that is broken. Do you have a warranty ? Dji refresh ? I’d so they might replace you unit for you.

Reactions: 1Joey23
Maybe if you contact Dji they will give you a new one? Im not really sure how to fix it but, if the drone caused itself to crash maybe you can get a new one from Dji. You will have to contact them. Good Luck!

I had a brand new spark battery on its first flight, eject itself from my spark and sent my poor spark free falling from 400 feet. Luckily it fell completley stable and upside down auto rotating, still hit hard. Now I get,
"Check redundancy state " cant fly.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Baronvonstrong.

I did a quick Google search and found this in the DJI Forum from last year.

I looked at your picture and I'd move the Spark away from your car as the metal can cause compass errors, different from GPS.

You might try flashing the firmware as posted and get lucky or you may have to send it to DJI for some work.

Battery Clips are readily available and are a cheap piece of insurance for the battery.

Another alternative is the use of a Rubber O Ring, which will allow the use of prop guards. Most clips don't allow that option.

Hope you get up and running soon.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Spark 317 is right re Spark near a car. I have had some problems after placing my Spark on top of the car whilst I load my kit. Have stopped doing that and no further probs.

All the observations mentioned are worth checking. In particular being so close to the car. ATTI Mode is no GPS and I would agree with Mark. Did you do the “double-tug check on your ejected battery first? Before your fatal flight? I Why are you trying this with a used up battery?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Baronvonstrong.

I did a quick Google search and found this in the DJI Forum from last year.

I looked at your picture and I'd move the Spark away from your car as the metal can cause compass errors, different from GPS.

You might try flashing the firmware as posted and get lucky or you may have to send it to DJI for some work.

Battery Clips are readily available and are a cheap piece of insurance for the battery.

Another alternative is the use of a Rubber O Ring, which will allow the use of prop guards. Most clips don't allow that option.

Hope you get up and running soon.

Welcome to the Forum. ?
The O ring is a great idea.

Reactions: Spark 317
I had a similar issue. On about my 4th flight the battery dropped. I opened a ticket with DJI stating the battery dropped out mid flight and I wanted a replacement battery because it was lost like a poorly hit golf ball into the woods. I had not activated the DJI care so they had me send copy of receipt and flight records. Then asked me to send in the spark, minus battery and props. About two weeks and I had a new spark sent to me. It was not the original but it looked brand new with battery and props. They also let me activate DJI care , for the usual fee, while it was in for repairs. I now fly with these 330 Silicone O-Ring, 70A Durometer, Red, 2-1/8" ID, 2-1/2" OD, 3/16" Width (Pack of 5): O Ring Seals: Amazon.com: Gateway

I have a bag full of them. Reach out to me and I’ll gladly mail a few to you if your in North America

Reactions: Baronvonstrong
Perhaps the battery was not in all the way? if the battery failed before it was out of juice DJI will probably replace it. If not a warrenty (sorry 4 the bad spelling) could help you out!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar