Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drones for scouting deer/critters

lowoctane

Join
Jan 17, 2018
Have 250 acres that we hunt on and am curious about using the Spark for scouting, pre season.
Thanks in advance!

A Mavic Pro Platinum would be better as it's much quieter than any other DJI drone, plus it has a longer flight time at 25-30min to allow you to cover more ground

A Mavic Pro Platinum would be better as it's much quieter than any other DJI drone, plus it has a longer flight time at 25-30min to allow you to cover more ground
Agreed. I'm getting in at a lower $ for now as my bride isn't on board yet...

The Spark is actually quieter than a Mavic (Air, Pro or Platinum) if you don’t measure it from close. At 100-200m distance, it becomes inaudible, dependent on direction of wind, reflection and other factors.
So, it depends on which animals you are looking for ...

Reactions: lowoctane
Reactions: lowoctane
Have 250 acres that we hunt on and am curious about using the Spark for scouting, pre season.
Thanks in advance!
Be sure you are legally allowed to use a drone for scouting and/or pursuing game. In WI and many other states it is illegal and you will be cited, if caught.

Reactions: HD-FLHT
I’m a fellow hunter and I have both the spark and a phantom 4 pro. For 250 acres I would definitely recommend you go with the mavic. Battery/flight time/camera and the ability to zoom with the mavic outweighs the spark’s capabilities. Much better gimbal on the mavic than the spark as well. I find myself using my phantom more than my spark a lot more for those type of missions. Also something to consider is that the mavic uses ocusync for video transmission which is FAR more forgiving of obstacles like trees etc than the WiFi transmission of the spark.
Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love my spark, but for what you are wanting a drone for, the mavic would be a perfect fit for you.

Reactions: Richard Skaggs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme